Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nyhem - City made with CD3

Default Nyhem - City made with CD3

This is the map I participated with in the fantasymapmaker.com competition. I thought I could put it up here now when the competition is over.

The map depicts the town Nyhem which is situated som miles (european miles not english ones) south of Ankh-Bathor (a big city in my Etrakien world). The map started out as a trial and error practice for me to learn more about CD3. I must say that I learned a lot from it.

The map is done in CD3 and som colour and finishing touches has been don in PS.

Anyway I'm satisfied with the result, even though there are things that could have been done in a better way, but I've moved on to the reason for the practice. But that is a completely diffferent and much LARGER project :-)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nyhem_finished.jpg 
Views:	451 
Size:	603.1 KB 
ID:	28436  
    My finished maps

Mapping Worlds (My blog about mapping)

Imaginary maps (My facbook page devoted to mapping)

Well done Clercon! Did you have any problems (crashes etc.) when working with CD3 on such a big city?

Thanks Katto!

No I had no problems at all. I've read in a lot of threads that people has had a lot of crashes and problems with stability when it comes to CD3. But my experience is none like that. Maybe I'm lucky but the program tends to be very stable for me.
    Last edited by Clercon; 08-26-2010 at 05:26 AM.
    My finished maps

You're lucky then. I think much more people here would use it for large city maps, but most of them have problems with the stability.

I have been going through your stuff for hours now. I just want to tell you that your style and skills are amazing. I am a GM for several systems including a larp for kids ages 8+, your work is inspiring me to do some cool things. Thank you and keep it up.

Quote Originally Posted by cieto View Post
    I have been going through your stuff for hours now. I just want to tell you that your style and skills are amazing. I am a GM for several systems including a larp for kids ages 8+, your work is inspiring me to do some cool things. Thank you and keep it up.
    Thanks for the very nice words, I'm glad that you like my maps. Feel free to use them in your gaming nights if you want. Lately I've started to use them myself while I play with my two oldest children. So now I have a valid excuse to do more :-)
    My finished maps

Great map as always. Again I love how you have done great "post production" things with CD. And the layout and stuff is really nice as well.

Thanks Larb, even though this one is an old map and an old thread. I think this was one of my first maps I made in CD3.
    My finished maps

lol, I'm glad this thread got resurrected, I missed it first time round. Great work, Clercon. Did you use the automatic placement tool and tweak the results or did you place each building individually? Either way, you really made CD3 sing with this work.

Quote Originally Posted by ravells View Post
    lol, I'm glad this thread got resurrected, I missed it first time round. Great work, Clercon. Did you use the automatic placement tool and tweak the results or did you place each building individually? Either way, you really made CD3 sing with this work.
    Thanks Ravells. Yes I used the automatic placement tool and tweaked the result. Usually you have to tweak it quite a lot in some areas. But I see that as therapy
    My finished maps

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast