Thread: Minecraft RPG Map

Post Minecraft RPG Map

Hi everyone. I've been working on a Minecraft RPG for a few months now, but have yet to create a map for it. When the map is done I would like to have a decent looking map to include. I don't plan on making any money off this map, so I would guess that means that it isn't for commercial purpose, but if I'm incorrect please inform me

Style
    Though I'm not too picky when it comes to style, I would like it to at least seem like a Medieval map to fit the theme.

Quality and Size
    Again, I'm not too picky. As long as its presentable.

Time Constraints
    No actual time constraints. I don't mind having to wait for it.

Copyright
    The artist will retain the copyright of the image. Again, I don't plan on making money off of this in any way.

If anyone is interested in taking on this map for me I would be very grateful

Oddly enough I can't seem to upload the image of the map here.
    http://s1270.photobucket.com/albums/...nt=Teseral.jpg
    Last edited by atd12194; 09-02-2012 at 10:34 PM.

Professional Artist Cunning Cartographer's Avatar

If there are any maps you have seen that you like the look of then that always helps. To fit with the minecraft blocky theme an isometric map might look nice for this. Designing the map itself out of blocks, but just an idea

Not sure myself whether or not I have the time yet as I have quite a few designs on the go, but if no one else has picked this up after a while and, as you said, you are in no rush then I might see what I can do.

Thanks for the response You're idea of a blocky map is something to think about.

What I'm making in minecraft is heavily based upon the gameplay and ideas behind The Elderscrolls series of games. So a map like the ones in those games would be a good start.
    http://www.oblivionmodwiki.com/image...ap_Redux-7.jpg

I also really liked this map of Westeros i found on here
    http://www.cartographersguild.com/fe...esterosMap.jpg

And a final note, though i already have the map done in Minecraft, it's still a WIP. This means feel free to take my current map as a basis and tweek certain things, as i can always add them into the game. so feel free to add mountains and rivers if you would like

I would certainly be interested in the terraforming side of this map.I am an avid terra former who is looking to gain a foothold in the minecraft terraforming community. I would consider myself a decent terra former but I am a cr*p builder so my usefulness would stop there. I would love to try making a map of this scale, and I hope you take me up on the offer.