Thread: Hello!

Guild Applicant

Post Hello!

Hi! I've always wanted to draw, but was never very good it, and then I started with maps some years ago.
    I've never been able to do any on the PC as I'm unable to gain the funds to get the software, so its always just been on paper, by hand, for me :) I hope one day I'll be as good as some of the ones I've seen here :)

Hi Arthour, there are many ways to approach map making and a lot of them do not require drawing skills, although I would suggest that you can always learn to draw for most people it's not an inborn talent but it takes a lot of practice to draw well- some people need more than others, that's all.

Enjoy the tutorials and post up your maps for advice!

Quote Originally Posted by Arthour View Post
    Hi! I've always wanted to draw, but was never very good it, and then I started with maps some years ago.
    I've never been able to do any on the PC as I'm unable to gain the funds to get the software, so its always just been on paper, by hand, for me I hope one day I'll be as good as some of the ones I've seen here
    Greetings, Arthour! I own both Inkscape (which is free) and specialized fantasy mapping software (CC3), and at the moment, I'm finding that I prefer Inkscape . Gimp is also free (though raster instead of vector), and a lot of people here use it. So even without funds for software, you can still try your hand at the PC mapping. (Though I particularly admire hand-drawn maps. Me, I need the "zoom", "undo", and "save as" -- otherwise either I mess up the drawing, or I get so scared that I will mess it up that I don't finish!)