Thread: Crenea: When DnD finds science

Default Crenea: When DnD finds science

A friend of mine is building his own post-apocalyptic horror tabletop system, and asked me to make him a world map that he could use for test games. I asked him for a guideline of what he wanted, and I got this:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Map Outline.png 
Views:	481 
Size:	20.7 KB 
ID:	48020
    Using a mixture of the Saderan and Ascension Atlas tutorials, along with some of my own tricks I sent him this:

Name:	map.jpg 
Views:	308 
Size:	2.23 MB 
ID:	48021
    After getting some feedback and information on where he wanted the cities, this is the finished result:

Name:	Crenea.jpg 
Views:	365 
Size:	2.47 MB 
ID:	48022
    Officially, that's the final version. But minor changes might go in as he adds highways and smaller settlements.

Professional Artist Cunning Cartographer's Avatar

Are those glittery aspects supposed to be city lights on the map? If so they look great

If not..... awkward.

Hi Anarisis,

You're definitely on to something here in my opinion.

My only suggestion would be to look into changing the style/effects you used with your text. In some instances you have a left to right black->white-> black gradient which makes it hard to read.

You can always look into some tutorials that would work towards your futuristic theme.
    For example: http://www.photoshoplady.com/photosh...x-text-effect/

Just an idea!

The black/white sheen is definitely making things harder. I want to keep the metallic effect though, so I'm working on making it more subtle.

I quite like this. Nice job Anarisis.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Changed the text and added some highways. I also changed the water effect over the Sunken city.

Name:	Highways.jpg 
Views:	303 
Size:	2.48 MB 
ID:	48241