Thread: Just Joined!

Default Just Joined!

Hello all,
    I just joined and when it come to drawing maps digitally "I suck". So having said that ... I will endeavor to draw the old fashioned way with pen and ink. However I hope to get a few tips here. I am an avid board gamer and solo wargamer. I wish to draw my own campaign maps and have done 2 so far. Also I intend to illustrate a book I am writing as a co-author. For a little back ground please hit my Blog to see what I am all about .... Chasseur
    http://forhonourssake.blogspot.ca/

Actually that picture comes from an article in the Journal of the Creative Community Alliance (Pen & Ink from Chris McDaniel). The stuff in the picture is my wish list of things to acquire! I have lots of research to do but the game plan is to draw all of my illustrations and maps by hand. Mojo ...If you know of any books or reference materials that would help please don't hesitate to post me here and thanks for the kind words about the blog ... Jeff

Ya I pretty much do the same. I am checking out a website called the Dancing Pen. It's old school calligraphy pen and ink. I want to illustrate the old fashioned way with hand drawn maps and illustrations for my book. Any idea the best way for a funky background? I thought about splashing on a bit of water color with a paint brush or maybe an air brush? Thoughts?
    Jeff