Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Twisted Brush Studio

Link Twisted Brush Studio

I haven't tried the software yet, so I don't know how well it'll work. But I thought I'd post the link that I was sent if anyone's interested. http://news.cnet.com/8301-13845_3-57...796&s_cid=e796

The program is called Twisted Brush Pro Studio 17 (they're up to 19, now, but there you go). It's a Windows version. Here's the program website if you want more info: http://www.pixarra.com/

Anyhoo... have a nice day. =)

Later, after mixing random colors with the default oil brush for three minutes: Oh yeah, it's cool.
    Last edited by Chashio; 09-05-2012 at 05:12 PM.
    Kaitlin Gray - Art, Maps, Etc | Patreon | Instagram

I've just downloaded it....Wow! It's like getting Painter for free! Thanks Cashio, I've been playing with the watercolour brushes and they really are good. There are a huge number of brushes to play with too.

: : Edit:: Oh yes! The brush density is procedural and remains constant regardless of size - this is something they've only just brought into PS CS6. I really like this a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by ravells View Post
    I've just downloaded it....Wow! It's like getting Painter for free! Thanks Cashio, I've been playing with the watercolour brushes and they really are good. There are a huge number of brushes to play with too.

: : Edit:: Oh yes! The brush density is procedural and remains constant regardless of size - this is something they've only just brought into PS CS6. I really like this a lot!
    I would love to see what you do with it. =)

Lol, it probably won't be that impressive but it looks like it will fit into the town/city workflow that I'm working on at the moment. The sadness is that a few days ago I bought Corel Painter (waiting for it to be delivered) - albeit at a knockdown price. If I had found this first I would have saved myself the money.

Quote Originally Posted by ravells View Post
    Lol, it probably won't be that impressive but it looks like it will fit into the town/city workflow that I'm working on at the moment. The sadness is that a few days ago I bought Corel Painter (waiting for it to be delivered) - albeit at a knockdown price. If I had found this first I would have saved myself the money.
    Impressive or not, I'm still curious to see how you use it. =)

I bought Painter a year ago (at reduced price) and before it arrived, my computer broke. Must be cursed. I was able to return the software, though you should have seen my face when it left my hands at the post office. Still has a few points over this program, IMO.

Here is a play around I'm doing at the moment compared to a small test I was running with Serif Drawplus X5. It's not much to look at, I'm afraid . I've just discovered the image hose brushes in TB, which are going to be very useful to make trees with. I can't believe how much they've packed into this thing!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	test town_TB colour.jpg 
Views:	211 
Size:	2.42 MB 
ID:	48050   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	effort_01_DPx5.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	228.5 KB 
ID:	48051  

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Wow - very nice! I'm on a Mac so can't try this out, but it looks great so far.

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

I'm tinkering with Artrage for natural brush feel at the moment. Jon Hodgson does beautiful watercolour work in it - but having just started with it, I'm finding that it's tough to get nice watercolour effects out of it. I'll keep plugging away and I'll post some map work when/if I get it working for me.

Not bad at all, ravells. =) What tool did you use for the line work? I thought it was scanned.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast