Thread: Phoenix Dream

Guild Novice Facebook Connected Dreik's Avatar

Help Phoenix Dream

Hello there
    I'm sorry for intruding, but since we are searching for a map artist, or cartographer if you want, I just couldn't pass by. Well actually I was sent here by your Deviantart representative Caleb Thomas and this seems like a perfect place to find what we are searching for.
    Oh, sorry, I forgo to introduce myself, I'm the Producer and Creative Director of Phoenix Dream RPG video game development team working on a game called Faded Haven. We are a volunteer team made of people willing to create a game. Well if you want to know more just ask or take a look at our facebook page .
    Now back to the point. We are searching for a map artist. Especially the world map for now. Other kinds of map artist are welcome as well.

If anyone is interested please contact me here (I will try to check on here for some time) or on our e-mail: phoenixdream@inbox.lv

Thanks to Yospeck for advising me to give some more information:
    1) Is this a paid commission? Or are you hoping for a freebie/someone to join your volunteer team?
    A) I'm hoping for someone to join the volunteer team as although the biggest concern at the moment is the World map we would still possibly be in need for the map artist later as well. But is there really isn't anyone willing to join the team, commission is an option while it's not too expensive.
    2) Is the map for print, for in game graphics, concept art or as an accompaniment, etc.?
    A) The world map is as a concept art and in the mean time as the in-game world map available to the player at any time.
    3) What kind of style are you looking for? Are there any maps you have seen that you like the look of?
    A) Well the style... Example1 Example2 Something between that, more like the second one. But the style is still up for discussion.
    4) What level of detail do you require?
    A) I believe rather high. Towns and like won't need to be included in the map so that decreases the details, right? So basically, outline of landmass, isometric view of landscapes, cities and places denoted by markers(two samples of the map, one with other without the markers), and rest is up for discussion.
    5) What is the time frame that you need the initial map for?
    A) When all the specifics will be worked out as soon as possible. There is no set deadline yet.

Andris Celms, Producer and Creative Director of Phoenix Dream
    Last edited by Dreik; 09-06-2012 at 11:27 AM.

Professional Artist Cunning Cartographer's Avatar

There's a Map Making requests board at the bottom of the forum (I believe that's also where the link from the main page leads to). Don't worry about re-posting as I'm sure the powers that be will move this thread over there shortly.

I'm sure a lot of people would be interested in this, but maybe instead of everyone contacting you with the same questions you could give us some more details:

1) Is this a paid commission? Or are you hoping for a freebie/someone to join your volunteer team?
    2) Is the map for print, for in game graphics, concept art or as an accompaniment, etc.?
    3) What kind of style are you looking for? Are there any maps you have seen that you like the look of?
    4) What level of detail do you require?
    5) What is the time frame that you need the initial map for?

As ever the more information you can give the better one of the many artists here can decide if it sounds like the kind of job they'd like to get into.

Best of luck

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Schwarzkreuz's Avatar

Hey< Yospeck, you are faster than the Community leaders!

Thanks Yospeck
    I followed you advice and answered to those questions

Well, since no one have moved this thread yet I will repost it in the right area.

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Hi there, thanks for reposting this to mapmaking requests forum. I'll close this thread and redirect anyone interested in this opportunity to the Mapmaking Requests forum over here.