Thread: Phoenix Dream

Guild Novice Facebook Connected Dreik's Avatar

Help Phoenix Dream [Taken]

Hello there
    I'm sorry for intruding, but since we are searching for a map artist, or cartographer if you want, I just couldn't pass by. Well actually I was sent here by your Deviantart representative Caleb Thomas and this seems like a perfect place to find what we are searching for.
    Oh, sorry, I forgo to introduce myself, I'm the Producer and Creative Director of Phoenix Dream RPG video game development team working on a game called Faded Haven. We are a volunteer team made of people willing to create a game. Well if you want to know more just ask or take a look at our facebook page .
    Now back to the point. We are searching for a map artist. Especially the world map for now. Other kinds of map artist are welcome as well.

If anyone is interested please contact me here (I will try to check on here for some time) or on our e-mail: phoenixdream@inbox.lv

Thanks to Yospeck for advising me to give some more information:
    1) Is this a paid commission? Or are you hoping for a freebie/someone to join your volunteer team?
    A) I'm hoping for someone to join the volunteer team though the biggest concern at the moment is the World map we would still possibly be in need for the map artist later as well. But is there really isn't anyone willing to join the team, commission is an option while it's not too expensive.
    2) Is the map for print, for in game graphics, concept art or as an accompaniment, etc.?
    A) The world map is as a concept art and in the mean time as the in-game world map available to the player at any time.
    3) What kind of style are you looking for? Are there any maps you have seen that you like the look of?
    A) Well the style... Example1 Example2 Something between that, more like the second one. But the style is still up for discussion.
    4) What level of detail do you require?
    A) I believe rather high. Towns and like won't need to be included in the map so that decreases the details, right? So basically, outline of landmass, isometric view of landscapes, cities and places denoted by markers(two samples of the map, one with other without the markers), and rest is up for discussion.
    5) What is the time frame that you need the initial map for?
    A) When all the specifics will be worked out as soon as possible. There is no set deadline yet.

Andris Celms, Producer and Creative Director of Phoenix Dream
    Last edited by Dreik; 09-12-2012 at 06:05 PM.

Really? No one?

Quote Originally Posted by Dreik View Post
    Really? No one?
    Well, you're asking total strangers for a very elaborate, time-consuming map for a commercial enterprise for free. Perhaps if you clarified why someone should want to donate that many hours of hard work to your project?
    Last edited by LindaJeanne; 09-09-2012 at 02:31 PM.

It is not an commercial enterprise Far from that Everyone participating in the project are as you said donating many hours of hard work for free working together to create a game. I already mentioned that we are a volunteer group and we are welcoming anyone. Many people want to create a game, but don't have a possibility to join any of the commercial enterprises, and we are gathering people like that and making it possible for them to participate in creating a game. Time after time we also get some help from professionals that are willing to lend a hand, but it's not permanent.
    I also mentioned that a commission is a possibility, but since I'm financing the whole project from my own pocket I can't go around spending money unless it's a necessity.
    I really hope you understand me.

I wish you well with it . (I have neither the time nor the skill, myself )

Well, thanx anyway it was nice chatting

We are still searching, and as I mentioned, payment is an option.

I'm game, I might be somewhat busy with school, but I should be able to handle it.
    Look at some of my stuff, here: http://evile-eagle.deviantart.com/gallery/

I can essentially do most styles on this site, i've had alot of un-posted progress. Within a margin of error, of course.
    Last edited by eViLe_eAgLe; 09-11-2012 at 06:53 PM.

Nice Now that's interesting. Being busy is not a problem everyone in this project is busy with either work or school so don't worry we won't rush you Your art seem to match the task very well
    I still have to get our Art Director's opinion, but I believe she will be ok

Alright, contact me here whenever.