Thread: [IP] Commercial use of Dundjinni

Post [IP] Commercial use of Dundjinni

Hi everyone,

I'd like to devote this thread to question and discussions about the use of DJ for commercial mapping.

Currently, the rules of the DJ EULA are pretty strict in regards to the Fluid art-packs (Fluid is the company that owned DJ until a week ago). You can find the rules at the DJ website, but if there are any questions about it, let us know.
    The new owner, Dundjinni Enterprises would like to change this policy and will probably do so soon.

In the meantime, a new website with forums and a new Dundjinni application are being developed ... pretty exciting stuff for all of us.

Professional Artist

That's very good news. Dundjinni's prohibition of commercial use has been the main point keeping me from seriously looking at the software.

I will echo Uthoroc's comment, and although I don't currently do very much commercially, Gold Rush Games, has need for future possibilities in the area of mapping.

You were always allowed to create commercial maps with DJ, just not with Fluid art in them. The enormous amount of user art can be used to created commercial maps ... have done it myself :wink:
    Also visit Dundjinni, Four Ugly Monsters, the Nook, Battlegrounds Games, Fantasy Grounds, RPTools, RPGMapShare, Eruvian, Dragon Roots, RPG Virtual Tabletop, Troll Lord Games, GameMaster Syndicate and meny, many others

I think the new rules will benefit all of us and I am excited that we get to help.

Just updating the thread to ensure newcomers understand that the commercial use of Dundjinni Enterprise artwork has been updated. See the EULA on the dundjinni website for more information
    Last edited by GM's Apprentice; 05-09-2008 at 12:13 PM. Reason: added link