Thread: New member checking in

Default New member checking in

Hi all,

Just doing the intro-post thing. I've been visiting the forum off and on for years now, finally got around to signing up so I can see the many splendid maps and things full-size and hopefully add to the community as well.

I'm mostly a miniature wargamer as well as an RPGer, and while I've done maps of various sorts for years most have been hand-drawn and never scanned or otherwise preserved. I'm getting back into actually running RPGs this fall as well as just being a player, and wanted to get back into mapping for adventures and scenarios.

I still do most of my mapping by hand, I have a spiral-bound notebook full of all sorts of random notes, draft copies of maps, ideas for wargaming scenery and such. I use Inkscape and GIMP a lot for other graphic projects but not (so far) for much mapping, but the huge number of great tutorials here should get me going!

Hi there Wirelizard, welcome to the Guild! Hand drawn maps are always welcome here, and war-game maps tend to be under-represented here, so it will be nice to see your contributions.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh