Thread: Greetings all-new member

Guild Applicant Facebook Connected

Default Greetings all-new member

I'm writing a series of books and need a map. I've left this part of my world building til I could find software that wasn't too hard to learn. Right now, I just need a basic map. Later I will get more detailed.

Part of my books will contain this map(s) when I publish, along with a short description.

------------------------------Edit--------------------
    Been trying to download the GIMP Version 2.8.2 and get a "set up files are corrupted. Get new program." Don't know where to post this so edited my post.
    Last edited by Mil Holmes; 09-09-2012 at 05:05 PM.

Hi there Mil Holmes, welcome to the Guild. I'm not sure what the deal with your GIMP download was, I've never experienced this issue. Have you attempted to contact the GIMP admin team about this issue?

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Guild Applicant Facebook Connected

Quote Originally Posted by arsheesh View Post
    Hi there Mil Holmes, welcome to the Guild. I'm not sure what the deal with your GIMP download was, I've never experienced this issue. Have you attempted to contact the GIMP admin team about this issue?

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh
    Finally found my stashed papers. I knew i'd signed up for the Guild and couldn't find where I'd put my book. I tried to download the GIP program and was unsuccessful. Might have been my computer cause it crashed not long after. Got paint.net program and working with that. Don't have my map all prettied up-learning to use some of the tools available. Will be coming back to learn as much as I can.

Quote Originally Posted by Mil Holmes View Post
    Finally found my stashed papers. I knew i'd signed up for the Guild and couldn't find where I'd put my book. I tried to download the GIP program and was unsuccessful. Might have been my computer cause it crashed not long after. Got paint.net program and working with that. Don't have my map all prettied up-learning to use some of the tools available. Will be coming back to learn as much as I can.
    Welcome back!

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

Blog Entries

you will not be able to download the rather old gimp 2.8.2 easily
    the current is 2.8.18
    http://www.gimp.org/

click on the red "download" button
    --- 90 seconds to Midnight ---
    --------

--- Penguin power!!! ---