Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: May Entry: Fentor Cross Church

Guild Journeyer

Nice!

I'm beginning to feel my vote waver...sure, battling away on windswept heights has its appeal but I am beginning to sense...a great evil that must be clensed from Fentor's Cross by fire and sword!

Floor grunge maybe?

I know if I was running a church, I'd make sure you saw a big symbol or statue as you walked inside the doors so that you knew exactly who's house you just entered. Maybe a symbolic pattern done in colored stone or a carved stone statue of the deity in question.. If it's an old church that has gone unused or is with a hidden evil, maybe some vines on the outside?

Looking good though RedRobes.

*I'm not sitting next to the dead person..*

Coming together nicely Redrobes!

Blog Entries

I don't have any detailed back story about the church. I think we have established that this was around for a long time, something happened like a raid with fire on the unprotected thatch village. The village burnt down leaving the stone church which might have decayed a bit. Some time a short while later a new town was set up with the palisade and forts and the church was restored in its original location.

So I think for my map there would not be lots of evil and grunge but I did have a good idea. What I could do is make some more transparent PNG's like that of the roof which is for extras like floor grunge and changes to the church. At least show how you might be able to do that yourself.

I like the floor tile idea. Its just like Pyrandons roman tile floor thing. I reckon that would take me a while to do one of those tho.

Blog Entries

I have done this one. It was part of my 75K strategy not to have random noise stuff on the tiles so I know that by adding it its seriously going to take up most of the bytes. So this isn't part of my entry but I am adding the grunge map as a separate PNG to multiply with the map to add grunge. Also got a demo logo type thing. You could add any number of possible religious symbol types.

The map is 75K so shows what kind of quality loss you get. The PNGs are not lossy so you can take these and use them with the previous one to get a better look. I will prob upload a better quality version at the end anyway.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Church_Grunge.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	73.5 KB 
ID:	3662   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FC_Grunge.png 
Views:	167 
Size:	213.0 KB 
ID:	3663   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FC_Logo.png 
Views:	106 
Size:	16.1 KB 
ID:	3664  

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

That's an excellent solution. It's best to have a VTT map as game agnostic as possible so having a church that you can 'deity up' for your own purposes is great!

Blog Entries

Just looking around at everyones entries this month and theres some great stuff there. Then looked at mine again and noticed that one of the masks was a bit off which was causing unnecessary image degradation.

So this post is to fix that, post the map that is my entry and call it a day cos I know I am not going any further with this one - this is my final WIP.

I'll prob post a new thread of hi-res & lossless versions of entries after the vote since all entry threads get frozen.

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FentorCrossChurch.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	72.1 KB 
ID:	3707  

Fantastic Final Redrobes! *clamps hands*

But I bet you anything that you will end up tweaking something over the next few days.

Betcha a silver piece.

Guild Journeyer

Praise

I'm pretty sure some foul evil will erupt from beneath that alter. Yep, one day.

This is an excellent map, although I know you have your doubts.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast