Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Das Qala

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Schwarzkreuz's Avatar

I see. Normaly I prefer handdrawn elements and my ruler but your buildings are realy nice, esprecialy the repeating architectural forms in different contexts make it feel like a fluid culture!

Looking very nice !! But I would hate to live there; Too damn much climbing Looking forward to its development. If you don't finish on time hope you finish and post it later !!
    "Aye The skies be clear , the seas be calm and the winds be with us .....

ARGH!! but the damn compass be broken!! "

Capt. Noah Swalter Last voyage of the " Silver Crest"

Guild Adept Facebook Connected Carbus's Avatar

Finally finished the front mountain, now focusing in the main fortress.

### LATEST WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dasqala5.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	2.04 MB 
ID:	48231
    Last edited by Carbus; 09-17-2012 at 01:44 PM.

So almost finished with the Das Qala fortress, with the statue Im waiting for the opinion of you guys. I suck at drawing people, animals and other living things . I took a vector of a horse and tried to blend it with the rest of the scene. Also Das Qala now starts to have a history, its the main fortress of the Horse Sheikdom of Qosmaq, a nation based on an arid location, where it found in this animals the strength to rise as a major empire. The black statue represents Olumqara, the horse of Sheik Muthali, that died after a major battle against Qosmaq enemies. In his honor, Muthali after the construction of Das Qala (the story of Das Qala Im telling later), ordered the creation of this statue, in a way the symbol of their own people.

Thats it, hope you enjoy, next steps are the back mountains and sky, and then some final details.

### LATEST WIP ###

Name:	dasqala6.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	2.10 MB 
ID:	48291

Well given the history you've developed, the horse statue does make more sense, but really I prefer the original trio of figures. They just seem more impressive than a solitary horse.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Good thing you explained it. I'd have been waiting for the rest of the world's largest chess set to be placed...

After 2 weeks I thinks Das Qala is finished. It was great for me, I really like the theme of challenge, and it was a motive for me to start drawing. About history at the moment Im still thinking about it, maybe I´ll post it later. But thats it, hope you guys enjoy and good luck to all the participants

### LATEST WIP ###

Name:	dasqalafinal.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	3.81 MB 
ID:	48414

Guild Adept Facebook Connected Mateus090985's Avatar

Excelent work. Congratulations sir.

Love this map. Hope you get around to posting the history...i'd love to use it in the Al-Qadim campaign I'm running.
    *Most of my Maps can be seen in full resolution on my blog*

*I've made some of my maps into full adventures available for download at DriveThruRPG.com or Paizo.com

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License unless stated otherwise in the thread.

That has turned out great. I bet all that work on the mountainside was tedious. =P

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast