Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Little MAP in 3D to develop workflow

Hi Troedel, looking good over here! As a general response- and to your pm over on the WM boards, once we release the Middle Earth terrain (soon!), I can offer some advice (and an actual tmd) on how to use real world data in WM. I should really write some kind of tut...but anyway, r-w data is not to everyone's liking, or at least practical (for various reasons), but maybe it can help.

monks

This is a late reply, a little bit like necrothreadcy. But I would like to thank Katto to point out the tutorial above. It lead me to a whole new world of 3d fumbling around. I hope to find my way back into cartography as it is the most satisfying thing to be doing in free time. Hope to post again soon!

Been very busy fixing my pc lately but you reminded me...a bit of necrotutcy here. It's very basic but I hope it serves to show you the idea of adding two terrains together selectively. For the bottom layer I'd use something you've created yourself. For the top layer download some srtm data in say tif format. It's really driven by the masks you create. Hope this helps!

http://www.skindustry.net/medem/file...Terrain_01.tmd

monks

Will take a look as soon as time admits. Looking foreward to it and thank you for your time!

Ok. I downloaded SRTM Data from EarthExplorer ( http://earthexplorer.usgs.gov/ ) and put it into WM2. From there I played around with blending and using my own terrain with custom erosion filters. Pretty cool stuff. Editing the SRTM maps is possible with Photoshop. The one softwarerelated thing that did not work was the autorefresh from file on every build option. If that would be possible you could have a "live" preview of your editing in PS in WM2. got to ask Remnant from WM2 about that. THX monks
    Last edited by Troedel; 01-09-2013 at 06:15 AM. Reason: Update

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12