Thread: Lakes cc3

Help Lakes cc3

I am new to the guld and to catography in general. I have made my first map following the online tutorial. I get nearly done, I feel confident that I am starting to understand the cad when it occurs to me that I do not have any lakes. I tried to figure it out but I produce only blue-green spots with no black line around them, then when I redraw the map they totally disappear. I tried moving Seas/Coasts sheets down past land but that just makes the land disappear. Can someone please, health.

Really a grip on the sheets in CC3 takes a little while. I think all you need to do is create a "Lake" sheet that goes below (in the list) your Land sheet.

*To clarify whats happening - your land is being drawn on top o the sea (as it normally should). If you draw a lake on the same sheet as the sea, then the lake will also be drawn over by the land. So you could either cut a whole in the land or (the more easier option) simply create a new sheet for your lake that is drawn on top of the land.

Hope that helps...but if it doesn't, try posting a screen shot so we can see exactly whats happening.
    Last edited by anomiecoalition; 09-13-2012 at 03:13 PM.
    *Most of my Maps can be seen in full resolution on my blog*

*I've made some of my maps into full adventures available for download at DriveThruRPG.com or Paizo.com

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License unless stated otherwise in the thread.

Guild Adept Facebook Connected Mateus090985's Avatar

What anomiecoalition said. Plus post a screen of your sheets orders.