Thread: Hello world

Default Hello world

Hello guild members.

I joined here because i wanted to learn drawing maps, i have not drawn any map that's worth mentioning.
    The kind of maps i would like to learn drawing is things that look like draw with a pencil, and without any colors expect black, gray, white and sepia colors.
    Before i joined here i was a Minecraft lover and a java programmer.

- Darksonn

Welcome, and dont be shy to post anything even if you feel it's "not worth mentioning". you never know what will inspire someone and if yiu did your avatar drawing you are good with color (even though you want to do sepia maps). There are a lot of great examples in here so explore and enjoy.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Korash's Avatar

As a java programmer, you should be able to learn some of the scripting languages that make computer mapping easier...or at least eliminate the tedious repetitive tasks that are involved. What programs are you planning on picking up or have to use? Also, if you want to do hand drawn like maps, sometime the best way to do that is to DO it by hand.....just saying

Like Protopop said, post'em when ya got'em. It REALLY is the best way to improve your technique. You should do that in the WIP (Work In Progress) forums concerned with the type of map you are working on.

You should also look in the Tutorial forum, because there are MAAAANY tuts on map making there.

Ans before I forget...Welcome to the Guild, The Mappiest Place on the Web
    Last edited by Korash; 09-16-2012 at 07:07 PM. Reason: spalingk.....
    Art Critic = Someone with the Eye of an Artist, Words of a Bard, and the Talent of a Rock.

Please take my critiques as someone who Wishes he had the Talent

Welcome to the Guild Darksonn! You have come to the right place to learn how to draw maps. There are several great tutorials on the topic of hand drawn maps, so just take a stroll through the tutorials section.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh