Thread: Toltera world map

Wip Toltera world map

Basicly the first map I've made so far.

I was inspired by the mediterranean sea area.

A political map of the world : any opinions are welcome.

Guild Apprentice

excellent start!

It's a good map, Moskva - and a great first map.

The land outlines are pleasant and interesting - one readily imagines where ocean commerce thrives, where corsairs might flourish, where I want to own the ferry franchise :-). The colors look nice, but you don't need quite so many. Five will usually do, unless you have some discontinuous ownership - enclaves and exclaves.

The lower reaches of some of your rivers could stand a little more looping and wiggling, maybe. The lightest blue nation color is awfully close to your water color - not a fatal flaw, just mildly puzzling at first. Your terrain shading is so subtle I can't tell for sure, but the strings of islands at Casaiae may lack a reason for existing - the most obvious way to justify them would be to be continuations of an onshore set of mountain ranges. The font you're using for oceans is a bit of a mismatch - if whomever hand-lettered the nation names could get those labels nice and crisp, there would be little reason his larger ocean names would be irregular or blobby.

Nice work. Are you going further with it - cities, small countries' names, etc?

Quote Originally Posted by jbgibson View Post
    It's a good map, Moskva - and a great first map.

The land outlines are pleasant and interesting - one readily imagines where ocean commerce thrives, where corsairs might flourish, where I want to own the ferry franchise :-). The colors look nice, but you don't need quite so many. Five will usually do, unless you have some discontinuous ownership - enclaves and exclaves.

The lower reaches of some of your rivers could stand a little more looping and wiggling, maybe. The lightest blue nation color is awfully close to your water color - not a fatal flaw, just mildly puzzling at first. Your terrain shading is so subtle I can't tell for sure, but the strings of islands at Casaiae may lack a reason for existing - the most obvious way to justify them would be to be continuations of an onshore set of mountain ranges. The font you're using for oceans is a bit of a mismatch - if whomever hand-lettered the nation names could get those labels nice and crisp, there would be little reason his larger ocean names would be irregular or blobby.

Nice work. Are you going further with it - cities, small countries' names, etc?
    Some interesting comments !

This is merely a political map, I struggled with the colors to be honest. Ill change a few colors , I needed many because of the western peninsula which is full with mini-countries and city states.
    But I'll edit it to use less colors.
    I'm working on a map which shows terrains/mountains and smaller cities/towns. There is indeed a onshore set of mountains there.

I'll be posting a version with cities on it in a while, it takes forever adding 100's of cities and towns.

I'm going to change the ocean/bay naming fonts too .

хорошая карта так держать
    я так понимаю она создана под влиянием варахамера?
    если я не ошибся, то ты земляк, если все же ошибся напишу перевод)

Quote Originally Posted by Harrg View Post
    хорошая карта так держать
    я так понимаю она создана под влиянием варахамера?
    если я не ошибся, то ты земляк, если все же ошибся напишу перевод)
    Haha no unfortunately i dont speak Russian

So a mapupdate. With a lot of detail this time.

I'm too lazy to change the colors, as its a lot of work.

Guild Adept Facebook Connected Mateus090985's Avatar

No one had gave you rep yet? So let me be the first, because this map is comming very nice indeed.