Thread: A raffle prize helped my business when I needed it!

Default A raffle prize helped my business when I needed it!

2 weeks ago, my plotter/cutter I use to create printed vinyl signs broke down. It was getting old, and parts for the cutter are getting hard to find and fairly costly. I ordered a couple replacement parts and spent a week and a half trying to fix it - to no avail.

One of the sign equipment/supply vendors I use sometimes, Sign Outlet Store, in Lisle, IL, had an Open House last Saturday. The plotter/cutter that I intended to replace mine with was available as one of 3 prizes for a raffle. I paid $5 for 3 raffle tickets, stayed for free lunch and the first drawing, but didn't win. A second drawing was to be held at 3:30 PM, but I did not intend to stay for 3 more hours and went home.

Having seen the unit I wanted to replace mine with, and the fact that I need a plotter/cutter now, yesterday, I called Sign Outlet Store to order the unit. They told me, they couldn't sell me one... What?! Why? I asked. They said because I won the plotter/cutter in the second drawing!

I went up today to pick up the unit (to save on shipping) and got my picture taken to verify to the manufacturer of the winner, and will be posted on the store's website.

So tomorrow I'll be back up in running doing the plethora of sign jobs that got back logged over the last couple of weeks - and it didn't cost me a thing (well $5). Woot!

That's a nice bit of luck!

GP
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 09-26-2012 at 02:04 AM.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Coyotemax's Avatar

that's awesome!!!! with all the hard work you do, you deserve a break.

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."

Good to hear! A bit of luck now and again always makes the world a brighter place.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Korash's Avatar

HEY, I am winning that!!!!

Oh yeah...you are on the OTHER side of the pond
    Art Critic = Someone with the Eye of an Artist, Words of a Bard, and the Talent of a Rock.

Please take my critiques as someone who Wishes he had the Talent

Wow, how awesome is that! I'm happy for you GP. It's great to hear good stories like that. Thanks for sharing.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

congrats GP, thats damn lucky ... now where can I buy tickets for a Mercedes CLS?
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise