Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PANORICA - Crevan's Tomb Treasure Map

Guild Adept Facebook Connected Mateus090985's Avatar

Wip PANORICA - Crevan's Tomb Treasure Map

Here is a try to do the map that I will give to the pcs to find the Tomb of Crevan (my last map).

It is still a try and error aproach.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PANORICA - MAPA - REPOUSO FINAL DE CREVAN MÃO QUEBRADA - 250 X 200 1.0A.jpg 
Views:	5044 
Size:	1.23 MB 
ID:	48326

The region depicted is +- this one from my world map and is an area +- 250 x 200 km.

Name:	MAPA.JPG 
Views:	708 
Size:	278.9 KB 
ID:	48325
    Last edited by Mateus090985; 09-20-2012 at 03:28 PM.

This is turning bad. I am not liking the results. Could not find a way to put the settlements. Symbols or geometric forms looked bad. Maybe I will try a diferent approach.

Here is the new version.

Name:	PANORICA - MAPA - REPOUSO FINAL DE CREVAN MÃO QUEBRADA - 250 X 200 1.0A.jpg 
Views:	39027 
Size:	1.20 MB 
ID:	48342

Why change style? I'd continue with Jon Roberts style. The cutout from your large map looks great. Changing the level of details and the forest a bit will make the map great.
    My finished maps

Mapping Worlds (My blog about mapping)

Imaginary maps (My facbook page devoted to mapping)

Quote Originally Posted by Clercon View Post
    Why change style? I'd continue with Jon Roberts style. The cutout from your large map looks great. Changing the level of details and the forest a bit will make the map great.
    Sorry for the confusion. English is not my first language so I may not make myself clear sometimes. The current map is the first one (the parchment one). The cutout using Jon Roberts is just a cutout from my world map (without effects or anything) to show you guys what I plan to show on the parchement but with more detail and a different approach.

Quote Originally Posted by Mateus090985 View Post
    Sorry for the confusion. English is not my first language so I may not make myself clear sometimes. The current map is the first one (the parchment one). The cutout using Jon Roberts is just a cutout from my world map (without effects or anything) to show you guys what I plan to show on the parchement but with more detail and a different approach.
    Yes, but I think you should stick with the style from your world map and not use the parchement.
    My finished maps

Quote Originally Posted by Clercon View Post
    Yes, but I think you should stick with the style from your world map and not use the parchement.
    You tihnk so? My idea was to simulate the map the the characters have found, so I tough that the Parchment Style would be better at it. But I am really having problmes with its limitation.

Ok here is version 1.0 as I want it. I think that I found my way with the mountains, hills and text layout. Now I did a better effect for the text. The white glow is perfect for readibility but do not goes well with the intention of the map. I am still struggling with the rivers, vegetation and terrian in general. In the version that I will give to my players it will probalby not have the scale and the distances are distorced in relation to the "real thing" to give them a little more dificult =).

Views:	1492 
Size:	1.21 MB 
ID:	48361

Quote Originally Posted by Mateus090985 View Post
    You tihnk so? My idea was to simulate the map the the characters have found, so I tough that the Parchment Style would be better at it. But I am really having problmes with its limitation.
    OK, I see. As a player handout the parchment style works better. And the latest wip is muh better looking, I like the way the mountains turned out.
    My finished maps

The last update seems pretty good to me too. However you should take care about the mountains overlaping, like what happens whit the moutains near the 'R' of "Repouso de Trevan".

Quote Originally Posted by Beoner View Post
    The last update seems pretty good to me too. However you should take care about the mountains overlaping, like what happens whit the moutains near the 'R' of "Repouso de Trevan".
    You are talking about this one? I if so I thought it looked nice, as a smaller mountain before a big one. you think that it look silly?

Name:	a.JPG 
Views:	205 
Size:	39.0 KB 
ID:	48363

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast