Thread: Greetings

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected rpgmapmaker's Avatar

Post Greetings

Hi, my name is Chris

I have always doodled maps even when I was young and not to sound naive but I never thought about it much past that, even after I became an avid Photoshop user. I use Photoshop 7 and and mostly do "inking" (coloring) and standard picture editing.

I am in the US Air Force so if I post a lot for a few weeks and then disappear for several months it is because I travel for work (sometimes on short notice).

I am looking forward to learning from this community and hopefully even contributing to it.

-Chris

Welcome to the Guild Chris. Looking forward to seeing some of your samples.
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Welcome aboard Chris, I understand the "short notice travel" thing myself, did it quite regularly for 20 years in the AF....Hope you go better places than I went.
    SeerBlue

Welcome to the Guild, Chris! Looking forward to seeing your maps! Do have a go at this month's challenge and also take a look at the Cooperative Worldbuilding section of the community - both great places to start if you'd like to draw a map but have no particular project in mind.

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Former air force myself here Ooh-Rah!
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

Welcome, sir! I look forward to perusing your mapping goodness.
    Don
    My gallery is here
    __________________________________________________ _______
    "Keep your mind in hell, but despair not." --Saint Silouan [1866-1938]

Sorry I'm late. Welcome to the forums!
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected rpgmapmaker's Avatar

Thanks for the warm welcome... I have already learned so much from all of you here @ the C-Guild. It is nice to “see” some friendly military types around here too.

To tell you a little more about myself I am 27 and have been in the Air force for 9 years… I have a wife and two girls 7 and 2 (soon to be 8 and 3!!!)…

I am a Systems Administration Technician as a day job… and an “un-published” novelist/screenplay writer and avid Photoshop-er by candle light…

I have worked with Photoshop or other similar graphics program for the better part of my life as a hobby and mostly do more of the photo “retouching” and “repair” type stuff. I have in the past year or so started branching out into other types of graphic art like “inking” (coloring), mostly pictures that someone else has hand drawn. I posted some of my early inking work here.

My main goal here in this community it to draw some maps that look good but also have a useful purpose… In the past most of my hand drawn maps really had no reason for being.

Anyway, I look forward to posting around the forum and again thank you for the nice welcome.

-Chris

P.S. By way of a “taste” of what I have already learned here is a quick test I did.

Quote Originally Posted by rpgmapmaker View Post
    In the past most of my hand drawn maps really had no reason for being.
    Please don't worry about that! most of the maps I do are "pointless"....or as I prefer to say, "art"

-Rob A>

P.S. Nice rivers

Welcome, Chris, and THANK YOU for your service to our country.
    jaerdaph
    JUST ADD HEROES An ICONS Superpowered Roleplaying Game Blog by Joe "jaerdaph" Bardales