Thread: Apparently I lack the talent to come up with a good title. So, hello.

Default Apparently I lack the talent to come up with a good title. So, hello.

Hello Cartography Guild,

I signed up here after learning about you guys while I was Googling around for a mapping tutorial for my Pathfinder RPG campaign. After coming across this site, seeing all your neat tutorials and such, I decided to sign up. I attempted (with a few hiccups) to follow Ascension's Atlas Style tutorial and produced this:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IperosPopulatedJPG.jpg 
Views:	222 
Size:	1.76 MB 
ID:	48383
    I was quite happy with it, even if it doesn't quite compare with most of the stuff up here. So thanks, and hello.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Korash's Avatar

Well, if you ask me...First post + Map = Rep

As a suggestion though, try not to use colors that you use for rivers and other features as borders. it makes it hard to distinguish one for the other, as in the border around Mont Auria...

Otherwise, nice effort to start with
    Art Critic = Someone with the Eye of an Artist, Words of a Bard, and the Talent of a Rock.

Please take my critiques as someone who Wishes he had the Talent

Thanks, Korash, appreciate the feedback. You're probably right, blue wasn't the best option. Oh well, could be worse, I guess. Here's to more and better maps, eh?

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Korash's Avatar

Practice and They will come
    Art Critic = Someone with the Eye of an Artist, Words of a Bard, and the Talent of a Rock.

Please take my critiques as someone who Wishes he had the Talent

Cool. Another Pathfinder player.

Great map by the way. As per your map and cultures, are all Pathfinder classes and races represented or do you limit them?

Our group recently switched to Inner Sea setting, Golarion, because I no longer have the time to do the in-depth campaign work with my job and the raising of twin toddlers. I still draw maps and write stand alone stories but took the "easy way out" for campaign prep.

You play Pathfinder? You're awesome. All classes are represented, but only humans, elves, orcs, half-elves and half-orcs exist. Makes my job much easier and makes low-magic settings work better, in my opinion. Let me know how that Inner Sea campaign goes. I'm still pretty much brand new (DM'ing before even playing, it's been an adventure in itself...), so I haven't really played anything but homebrew settings.

Welcome to the Guild StrangeVoice. I think there are several Pathfinder players here (I used to be one of them myself).

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh