Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pilgrims Progress Map "Rough"

Community Leader Facebook Connected Badger's Avatar

I think your pilgrim map would look great in either of those styles... which I love by the way... I am more partial to the sepia myself.... but rav made a good suggestion about combining the two having the route in color and the rest of the map washed in that sepia look... that would definitely bring a dream aspect to a realistic map...

great handdrawn maps... great pen work as well...

M. Vone Bowly

I have been studying Pilgrim's Progress for years and find your map very interesting. It would be wonderful to have a map of the Journey. As another poster said - there are a lot of places mentioned that are not visited and there are actually two journeys - Part one and Part two where different places are visited. If you are not interested in reading the book for the details a list is easily gotten from a google search. The path is suppose to be straight - with some false by-paths - but the journey can also be depicted as an inward spiral. Something to think about !

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected rpgmapmaker's Avatar

Map Version 2.0

Well, I have been working on this map on and off over the last year... (more off than on).

Now that I have started getting the hang of the Photoshop method I have been developing I decided to take a shot at using the method on this map and so far I like it... still not too sure about the colors but the general layout works for me. I will need to beef up the resolution and test the method again but before long I hope to put up some tutorials for the mountain and ground painting I am using.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pilgrims_new1..jpg 
Views:	604 
Size:	545.7 KB 
ID:	23427

Comments, tips, critiques, and such are always welcome

-RPGMapmaker
    @BHfuturist Check out my Video Tutorials & Vault of Free Map Elements
    Unless otherwise stated in the post, all of my artwork is released into the Public Domain.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Looks pretty cool, I dig the browns n greens and the shaded relief looks decent, too.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

I'd say your well on your way to some nice maps.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12