Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RPG City Map Generator to SVG Converter

Default RPG City Map Generator to SVG Converter

Thought I'd make a new thread as it's no longer a humble script. Anyway, here you are: the long awaited and much salivated-over binary versions of my RPG City map to SVG converter.

New features include:

1) Much faster.

2) Works on windows

3) Er...

4) That's about it. Maybe some new bugs that weren't in the old version...

Windows (x86/32 bit) and Linux(x86_64) versions here: (other architectures probably to come later):

Remember this still probably has a few problems. Off the top of my head, the lakes are still not quite right, and the towers in the city wall that should be invisible are not. Though that should be fixed pretty soon.

Have fun, and thanks very much for the award, I will be boasting for weeks I can assure you!

Oh, suppose I should mention how to use it. For windows, just unzip, double click the .exe, type the name of the sgs file in the window and hit enter. Your svg should hopefully appear in the same directory where the original sgs was. For Linux, you probably need to chmod and run it from the terminal...wait a minute, if you downloaded the linux version, you don't need me telling you stuff do you now?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by GrumblingHive; 09-27-2012 at 03:18 PM.

Holy moley the windows script is fast!!! It's virtually instantaneous!

p.s. I hope you've noticed your 'honourable contributer' award whcih is the least we could do. Thank you so much for writing this script, grumbling hive!

If you ever want to write your own city creator with proper L-system streets etc, I'd be delighted to help (with everything except the programming!).

Quote Originally Posted by ravells View Post
    I hope you've noticed your 'honourable contributer' award whcih is the least we could do. Thank you so much for writing this script, grumbling hive!
    Yeah, I said, "I'll be boasting for weeks"!!! My house is starting to fall apart due to my rapidly expanding ego...

I actually am working on my own city generator..watch this space!

Be sure to tell me if you find any problems with my program, and thanks again for my award, woohoo!!!

Congrats to your new award!
    I've tried the Windows version (Win7, 64bit) using a city file from RPGCG 5.40. Converting to *.svg works, but only for a small part of the streets. Importing it to Illustrator CS4 produces one layer with some street paths. Anyone else with this problem?

It worked for all the streets that I had. Could you post up your .sgs file katto and I can try it on my machine?

::edit:: I am opening it in Drawplus not Illy though

Please can you post the svg and sgs files that didn't work?

Here they are.
    I've tried to look what svg standard Illustrator uses, but the help is not very helpful
    There the program is nearly 2 years old I'll guess it uses standard 1.0, but I don't know the changes to 1.1, if this is the problem.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Test.jpg 
Views:	814 
Size:	160.4 KB 
ID:	48391  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1111.jpeg 
Views:	1455 
Size:	18.2 KB 
ID:	48392

Illustrator's SVG standard is non-standard...

Works nice on my machine...try inkscape and export to emf or something...I'll try and make it play nice with illustrator in the next version. Or maybe we need an .svg to .stupid.adobe.svg converter...
    Last edited by GrumblingHive; 09-22-2012 at 03:03 PM.

Thank you, GrumblingHive.
    I've thought something like that and just download inkscape.

Edit: Works fine with Inkscape
    Last edited by Katto; 09-22-2012 at 03:13 PM.

Guild Member Facebook Connected

It keeps crashing on me.. I am using CG 5.4 and windows 7 64bit.. I drop the file like it says, and hit enter.. Works for a sec and crashes..

edit wrong file added lol..
    Small Village.zip
    Last edited by ruff; 09-22-2012 at 04:13 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast