Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: September / October 2012 Lite Challenge : Ciderorchard Village: The Waystation

Yes, I know I just posted, but I always see things I want to touch up as soon as the image goes live.

And... uh-oh, looks like someone found the map who shouldn't... and they're starting to figure it out (and marking it up as they go)

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Villiage_010.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	356.4 KB 
ID:	48593

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This is very cool. I love a hand drawn map and the feel of it. The only thing I would ask is did you mean to have your roads go off the side of the map? (or is that part of the secret)
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

@jtougas, thanks . Yes, having the roads and river run off the end of the map is intentional, but something I've been second-guessing; I nearly erased the portions of the rivers and roads that run over the border of the map with my last update, but decided to wait and see. It's not really having the effect that intended.

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

One of the downfalls of looking at a map for too long. I have come to a very simple conclusion with my work (after years of second guessing and self doubt) If I like it and it does what I want (need) it to do then I'm happy with it. I really think this is very well done and I love the fact that you've included the secret in the map itself (I'm not that clever)
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

OK, I think this is going to be the final one.

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Villiage_011.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	2.11 MB 
ID:	49103

I had hoped to convey the story using made-up-written languages (i.e. making the gist clear from context & non-verbal marks), but I wasn't clever enough to make that work.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12