Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: September/October 2012 Lite Challenge: Village of Taffarel

Finished the first 2 floors of my temple. However, now I'm thinking that in the final map, I will just have the first floor included with the village. Beneath the big statue at the north end is the secret entrance to the Underdark. Made with CC3...all the items were either grabbed from CGtextures, Dunjinni forums, or Bogie (special thanks for the statue.)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Temple - HiRes.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	3.40 MB 
ID:	48915

they're a little big, so i'll put the 2nd floor in the next post
    *Most of my Maps can be seen in full resolution on my blog*

*I've made some of my maps into full adventures available for download at DriveThruRPG.com or Paizo.com

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License unless stated otherwise in the thread.

2nd Floor

Name:	Temple 2nd Floor - HiRes.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	2.29 MB 
ID:	48916

*I've made some of my maps into full adventures available for download at DriveThruRPG.com or Paizo.com

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License unless stated otherwise in the thread.

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

looking great.. I have a couple of comments for the city map ... the ground it self is a little dark imho, and the top floors tend to float a little, try working more on the shadows, keeping in mind how tall the extra floor is and that the shadow should be darkest where it meets the building
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Yeah...the whole map is definately too dark for my tastes too. I'll have to try to tweak that and the shadows over the next few days.

Started working on trying to put everything together. Made some adjustments to the building shadows and overall darkness of the village. I plan on continue with tweaks to the village and possibly major overhauls to the overall image as I try to add a map key and other labeling.

### LATEST WIP ###

Name:	Village of Taffarel - V5.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	3.02 MB 
ID:	48950

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Looks really good I can see the secret...
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

made some more subtle tweaks...really can't decide if I want to do any labeling. Don't want to clutter up the map with a key and a bunch of numbers/letters. Anyone think it really should be added and/or have any ideas about how to reorient this to include a key?

### LATEST WIP ###

Name:	Village of Taffarel - V6.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	4.07 MB 
ID:	48960

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by anomiecoalition View Post
    made some more subtle tweaks...really can't decide if I want to do any labeling. Don't want to clutter up the map with a key and a bunch of numbers/letters. Anyone think it really should be added and/or have any ideas about how to reorient this to include a key?

### LATEST WIP ###

Views:	132 
ID:	48960
    I think it looks pretty good as it is. I think labeling might spoil the "feel" This is really great !!
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

and still more tweaking...added some more roads, wells, stairs, and entrances to the homes. Nothing really noticeable unless you really zoom in...but...think i'm pretty much done

### LATEST WIP ###

Views:	153 
ID:	48969

I like how this is looking (repped). The temple is looking good, and you got domes to work - that's impressive. I was wondering why the background is so dark - at first I thought this was underground. Also, I don't know how many people you have living in this town, but I think Arab-inspired towns/villages look good when the streets are really crowded, and there isn't much open space between them. Just something to consider. Nice job, anyway, and good luck with the voting.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast