Thread: PANORICA - Final Days of Crevan Brokenhand

Guild Adept Facebook Connected Mateus090985's Avatar

Default PANORICA - Final Days of Crevan Brokenhand

Here is the finished version of the map that I will handle to my players so they can, in the end, find the Final Rest of Crevan Brokenhand.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PANORICA - MAPA - DIAS FINAIS DE CREVAN MÃO QUEBRADA - 250 X 200 1.4A.jpg 
Views:	188 
Size:	4.52 MB 
ID:	49517

Full resolution map here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/37717003/PAN...0200%201.4.PNG
    Last edited by Mateus090985; 10-30-2012 at 02:27 PM.

Overall I like the map, particularly the 3/4 view. However I would suggest making the rivers and lakes black to match the ink-pen feel of the map, and trying to make the blood splats look a bit more natural (e.g. play around with the layer modes a bit). Otherwise, nice job.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Thank you for the suggestions and kind words . I have tryed to use black on the water but the result was terrible IMO, as was the red and the hollow lakes, but I will try again. I have made some changes based on the feed on ProFantasy forum but will wait a little more to repost the results. Basically I darkened the red and blue, deleted the shadow effect on the text and put the white glow on the text a little less strong. I am thinking in using a transparent effect on the blood/ink marks, but have not toyed with it.

For the lakes, maybe go with the concentric-lines method of showing water? I'm blanking on linking to an example here at the Guild at the moment, but it's a good woodcut-style method of doing coastlines.

For the blood, remember that real blood dries very dark reddish-brown, it doesn't stay vivid red for long.

Guild Member Facebook Connected Kolyana's Avatar

I've been playing around with a similar map style and ended up with similar colors, but I think that a range of browns and potentially greys would look more natural. I totally did what you did here (it looks great by the way), but concluded that my colors (on brown) looked odd.

I have put a new version on 1st post. It look better?

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I really am a big fan of these types of maps. They convey information and tell a story. I think it looks very good but perhaps the blood droplets are a little too regular. You could try blending out the edges and making them a bit darker in the center. Great work !!
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Minor modifications to the map on 1st post. Now I think is the final version.