Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Map Border Resources?

Guild Member Facebook Connected Kolyana's Avatar

Default Map Border Resources?

Sorry if this has been asked before, but are there any good resources for map borders?

I've never seen one (or heard the question asked before). If you go to the resources section and look at the real world map libraries sticky you can look at the borders of those maps, but that's the best I can do. We do have a couple of tutorials on drawing borders in photoshop but I'm not sure if that's what you're after.

hmmm, tutorials and resources sections! So much goodness still to be unearthed in here. Many thanks! *scurries off*

There are some very good patterns available for photoshop, but again, this is not an optimal solution.

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Schwarzkreuz's Avatar

Sounds like a gap in ressources. Maybe I should upload some free mapborders and some remaked Borders from old maps?
    Would someone join forces to do some CC Borders for the Elements section?

I'd chip in and help. I made my own CC3 border based off an old map, perhaps this could be a contribution?

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Schwarzkreuz's Avatar

Well, yes. Sounds good.

I will start thinking about Borders the weekend, maybe I could Start a Thread in the Elements section to collect thosed. Well but later, i am tired its 2 am again.

It will be interesting as to how the borders will be approached. If you upload an entire frame for the map then you will only be able to use a map with those proportions in it (if you stretch the frame one way or the other to fit the map the width of the border will become uneven). The only other way I can think of is to use a a repeating element for the sides and another repeating element for the corners.

I'd chip in for some borders as well. I think Ravs has the right idea - separate corner elements & side elements. The corner elements can actually be more "flourishy" and detailed, while the side has to be repeatable.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast