Thread: First Attempt with GIMP

Guild Member Facebook Connected BISHDP's Avatar

Wip First Attempt with GIMP

Greetings all,
    I am new to this site and, after having followed Arsheesh's Eriond - A Tutorial for GIMP and Wilbur, I feel like making maps with imaging software is not quite as Greek to me. Here is the map that I put together in about 3 hrs. I think, for a practice map, it is not too bad. The mountains turned out a little underwhelming to me. I can't quite figure out how to upload it. The website says it is too big. I do want to thank Arsheesh for his wonderful tutorial.

Hi BISHDP, you could always either (a) reduce the quality of the .jpg and/or (b) reduce the size of the image and then try uploading it. I've had to do that myself on more than one occasion to be able upload the image. Look forward to seeing your map.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Guild Member Facebook Connected BISHDP's Avatar

Thanks, that worked.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	539362_10152127504120562_1917188797_n.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	284.3 KB 
ID:	48494

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

You certainly picked a great tutorial to start with I think it looks great. For the scale the mountains are just about right. I also like the colors. Good job. Have some rep
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.