Thread: Cities and Walls

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Cities and Walls

The walled city has always fascinated me and here is an interesting take on the subject of the division of a city.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rem-Koolhaas-and-Elia-Zenghelis-with-Madelon-Vriesendorp-and-Zoe-Zenghelis.-Exodus-or-the-Volun.jpeg 
Views:	137 
Size:	19.3 KB 
ID:	48491

Also, read the text of the link ... at least a bit ... it's a hoot of quasi-unreadable pseudo-sociological gibberish

Sounds like the author has become obsessed with the idea. I suspect the article could be condensed into a paragraph or two but as you say has been wrapped up in pseudo intellectual psychobabble.

It's often interesting to do a 'what if' and to look at the consequences. What if we built a strip bisecting London East to West which is enclosed by a huge wall? On the face of it, it's a dumb proposition to begin with but sometimes you can spark some good (workable) ideas by using this method. I don't think the author was trying to do that though!

Although the psycho-babble would make for an interesting "what if" premise if you add some insane three-eyed aliens from Sirius with near-magical powers ...