Hi all,

As I just wrote in the introduction section, I have always had a desire to do maps for D&D games or just for fun but somehow never got into it before. On last Friday I looked a bit arround the forum and tutorials section and decided what the hell lets give it a try

So basically, I never had any experience with photoshop, GIMP etc... but thnx to the great tutorials, especially Gidde's Hand-Drawn Mapping (for the Artistically Challenged) I made my first map In a short amount of time and I am I have to say more or less happy with the result.

I follewd the tutorial mostly because of the layers and masks stuff (because as I said..I have never before used this kind of software), but have also looked at some other maps and artists and tutorials to try and find a style that I like the most.

So I would like to thank many of you here that gave me some sort of stimulation, weather through the looks of your maps and styles or through your tutorials (Gidde, Djekspek, RobA...).

This map is just a trial map and therefore doesnt have any namings or cities on it, and also some stuff is a bit randomly put on it because the point for me was to see that I can make a map, and now that I saw that I can, I will work on a map/s of my D&D world which will have all the things a proper map should have.

Once again a big thank you to all the members of the Cartographers Guild, this wouldn't have been done without your help

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jednostavna_tutorial_finished.jpg 
Views:	204 
Size:	681.4 KB 
ID:	48500