View Poll Results: Please vote for two (2) entries

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: *** September challenge - voting! ***

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Default *** September challenge - voting! ***

This month the challenge was to create a side on map. Please vote for 2 (two) entries this month, and make sure that you rep those entries you vote for. Here are the entries:

The voting will end at the end of the month, and the winner will get a golden compass and full bragging rights.
    Last edited by torstan; 09-27-2012 at 12:51 AM.

Boy, what a tough call! Well, I knew Lukec's Blue Pyramid had to make the list, but which other map to choose? I loved were Schwarzkreuz was going with his Lone Tower, but it seemed somewhat less "mappy" than the other entries. That left Das Carbus Das Quala and Larb's Sunset Tower, both of which had been the highest on my list from the beginning. I really could have gone either way here, but slightly preferred the line-work on Das Quala. At any rate, great job everyone!

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Quote Originally Posted by arsheesh View Post
    Boy, what a tough call! Well, I knew Lukec's Blue Pyramid had to make the list, but which other map to choose? I loved were Schwarzkreuz was going with his Lone Tower, but it seemed somewhat less "mappy" than the other entries. That left Das Carbus Das Quala and Larb's Sunset Tower, both of which had been the highest on my list from the beginning. I really could have gone either way here, but slightly preferred the line-work on Das Quala. At any rate, great job everyone!

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh
    I second that. =D
    Kaitlin Gray - Art, Maps, Etc | Patreon | Instagram

I voted for the Sunset Tower and the Lone Tower, even though the second was far less mappy.

Difficult choice as always!

Lone Tower of the Far Shores is a gorgeous painting, but I felt like I needed to vote for something a bit more mappy. I love the concepts of Tree City and Dispatches from a Cartographer (and I'm SUPER impressed that the former was done in MS Paint!) but, alas, the compatition is tough. So in the end I voted for Das Quala and the Blue Pyramid; I love the detail in both of them. I hope to see the finished version of The City of Dragon-on-Sea at some point, and also the version of Tagoda Caverns that got eaten by gremlins.

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Schwarzkreuz's Avatar

Oh crap, i totally forgot that this months challenge ended earlier!!!! I though i would have the Weekend to mappelize it. Arrrght.

Voting this time was extremely Hard ! So many novel styles and as always lot of great works.
    "Aye The skies be clear , the seas be calm and the winds be with us .....

ARGH!! but the damn compass be broken!! "

Capt. Noah Swalter Last voyage of the " Silver Crest"

Praise

The Indestructible stood indestructibly high on my list. It was followed by Das Qala, The Blue Pyramid, Sunset Tower and the Tree city. I did like the rest much, although most didn't seem ready yet.
    Last edited by Greenlizard0.; 09-28-2012 at 09:44 AM.

I picked the Indestructible because I thought it was a very original concept and well executed. And I picked the Blue Pyramid because of the sheer amount of interesting detail. All of the entries were great really and Schwarzkreuz's piece was pretty fabulous but I thought it unfair to vote for it because it wasn't a map (yet).

Also well done to Sathurn with tree city. To get results out of MS Paint is a lot of work and I've always been fond of "world tree" and similar ideas.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast