Thread: Adailis - First City Map

Guild Novice

Map Adailis - First City Map

G'day everyone.

Been trawling the forums here for a while, learning what I can through observation of both finished projects, and the various tutorials around; as well as what little I already knew about using Photoshop.

With all of that, I've created my very first city, and while even now I can see some issues with it; I'll say I'm quite happy for it for a first actual attempt. (Though the shacks/tiny houses and the like in Shantyville came out -too- small. Maybe there's only rats living there.)

Comments, suggestions, and tips for future are thoroughly encouraged! Got to learn somehow.

- Dingo.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Adailis City.jpg 
Views:	575 
Size:	1.69 MB 
ID:	48556  

That looks great. I can see what you mean about the shanty houses, they could use being slightly bigger and being a different colour too to further distinguish them from the more regular buildings.

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Another great city !! I am a huge fan of city maps and this one is wonderful. I love cities that have a "soul" or a feeling that they have been there for a while they've had time to develop stories and secrets. Great Job !! Repped.
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Guild Member Facebook Connected BISHDP's Avatar

Excellent city. I can see many interesting adventures and stories coming from there. I loved the little courtyards or plazas that you made inside the building areas between the streets. Well done sir, well done.

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected anstett's Avatar

I like the shanty town area. Feels very ghetto like, perhaps kobolds? halflings? wererats? fishpeople?

BOB
    We do not stop playing because we grow old.
    We grow old because we stop playing.

www.dragonslayers-society.org

Quite a nice city Dingo. The only constructive feedback I have is that the text in your map key is a bit hard on the eyes. I think it's that thick white stroke. Have you tried simply keeping the text black?

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh