Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: War and Peace map

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Adept Facebook Connected timallen's Avatar

Default War and Peace map

A couple of months ago I got a new game called "War and Peace" by worthington Games. It is a nice simple Risk-like game with kool plastic ships, soldiers, and Cavalry, but the map...well, suffice to say I Hated it. To me it looks waaay to dark and over saturated. This is a small image of it from the company website.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wp_map.jpg 
Views:	3283 
Size:	206.4 KB 
ID:	48535  

So, I decided to re-draw it and make it into something I would like. I have been working on it, off and on, for some time and right now I am about 95% done. I made it larger, with (what I think is) a more period feel and a much lighter hand on the colours. I also replaced the generic numbering system on the original map with province and territory names off of another game map I have (called Age of Napoleon). I missed filling in the name for Finland, and I need to change some of the flags, which I have been told are not quite right for the time period. Oh, and I also need to double check the spellings on the provinces. I know for a fact some of them have accents I will have to put in. Once I do that I will see about printing it out.

Name:	new wp map12.jpg 
Views:	3236 
Size:	534.8 KB 
ID:	48536  

Guild Adept Facebook Connected RjBeals's Avatar

awesome work! I love to see a good map for a risk style board game

Guild Novice

I like this a lot. Simple and neat! Forgive me if I'm wrong, I don't know much about the period this game is supposed to deal with, but I noticed there is no Kiev in Russia... Wasn't Kiev always something like a power center in European history (after it's establishment, that is)?

Awesome...
    "Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."-Confucius
    Old map and Historic map

Beautiful. There seems to be a typo for Ireland, assuming you are trying to spell it in the 'local' language.

Thanks. I still have to fix that and a few other typos I found after I did a test-printing. I couldnt resist setting up the game on the test map- it looks pretty good!

Name:	IMG_0330.jpg 
Views:	945 
Size:	86.6 KB 
ID:	49821   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0333.jpg 
Views:	1433 
Size:	85.6 KB 
ID:	49822  

Hi Timallen
    I know its is a while ago since you posted this awsome map - is it possible to get the finished map, in a resolution for printing (app 50x70cm).
    I am new in this community, and therefore can not contact you directly, yet

Your map is lovely, and a tremendous improvement over the commercial one. You ought to send the game company a pic of this, who knows, they may wish to commission you for future work.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Quote Originally Posted by arsheesh View Post
    Your map is lovely, and a tremendous improvement over the commercial one. You ought to send the game company a pic of this, who knows, they may wish to commission you for future work.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh
    Got to say I agree with Arsheesh on this one. Your map is definitely an improvement on the commercial one.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast