Carol Mayer had never stepped foot on another world. Her job description didn't require it and her employers never allowed it. Interworld Energy was not concerned with exploration or science outside of the science of resource exploitation. She had visited many worlds and spent her time in orbit gathering data which would be used in determining whether or not the planet was a suitable target for mining. UNC 201.F was proving to be VERY different. The mission had started like any other. She had been assigned to pilot her survey vessel IWSO 234 (which against regulations she had named for her home state of Nebraska) to the large world. Her task was the same as always, gather data and report her findings. Something about this world had sparked something in her however. She had seen the devastation reaped upon the last world she had surveyed and was determined to not let that happen again. She had falsified data and out right lied to her superiors. It hadn't mattered in the least. Interworld Energy had remotely commandeered her ship and continued with the survey. She had railed in impotent rage until the little craft had appeared on the Nebraska's sensors. Fast and agile it had darted around on the edge of sensor range until finally it took position between the planet and the survey ship. Interworld Energy responded by dispatching USMG fighters and bombers. Incredibly these were quickly destroyed by three more of the small craft from the surface. A tense communication from the planet followed and Carol Mayer IWSO survey captain found herself on the surface of UNC 201.F....

Oh boy....The adventures of the reluctant alcoholic Carol Mayer continue...

This seemed like a challenge right up my street. I like to write and secrets are the bread and butter of any good adventure. I can't promise I'll finish this but the idea struck me and here we go. The basic idea here is that Interworld Energy and by default our hero Carol Mayer will discover an life changing secret on UNC 201.F. I was doodling around and I came up with this. It's a combination of a couple of things that I mashed together to form a sort of "power generation" station. Of course it is alien so it HAS to glow. I plan on adding a village on the outskirts and some other details. We will see how it goes....

###LATEST WIP###
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	September October Challenge Entry.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	3.60 MB 
ID:	48540