Thread: Inochitanto - upper dungeon levels for Up from Darkness adventure (Kaidan/PFRPG)

Default Inochitanto - upper dungeon levels for Up from Darkness adventure (Kaidan/PFRPG)

For those Kickstarter patrons for the Kaidan project that contributed $40+, a free one-shot adventure module for 4 player characters of 7th level, called Up from Darkness by Jonathan McAnulty, is complete and will be made available today from Steve Russell of Rite Publishing. Think something along the lines of "Den of the Slave Lords" combined with continuous TPKs and no GM guilt (ha!). This adventure uses the Kaidan reincarnation mechanic to the hilt.

There were 3 maps for this adventure, but the upper levels held by the Shadow Ghoul master, Inochitanto is the most interesting (that's him in the cover art below - art by Mark Hyzer.)

This map uses my hand-drawn and digitally finished hybrid style map... using Xara Xtreme Pro 4.

Enjoy!

GP

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	inochitanta-map.jpg 
Views:	440 
Size:	462.8 KB 
ID:	49543
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	up_from_darkness.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	720.1 KB 
ID:	49541  
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 10-31-2012 at 11:48 PM.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Very cool, I like your hatch-mark work, it's very distinctive.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Thanks!

If it looks a bit scribbly - that's my style with intent based on speed. I created this and two other maps in 2.5 hours, last night from 9 pm to 11:30 pm. That includes drawing, scanning, placing beveled shapes with shadows to show walls and floor, as well as bridging over the capsule shaped 'botai chamber', and labels. I touched up the final page layout, exported to PDF and uploaded by 11 am today, and now it's available for $4.99 at DriveThruRPG.com. Like everything else, I get things done quickly, so I can move on.

I prefer to create maps of my own design, but this map was for a one-shot demo game for Origins this year, and the author devised the dungeon design, so I tackled it to meet his specs and get it out for publication, right away. I plan to do a series of specific Kaidan location maps, all at my design in the near future. Something more to my tastes and need for some historical/architectural accuracy.
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 10-31-2012 at 10:01 PM.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

The hybrid-scribbly approach really gives Kaidan maps their own style from the ones I've seen, I think. Plus I'm a big fan of hand-drawn stuff and I've been leaning towards it more and more myself lately.