Thread: Looking for an artist

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Apprentice Blindkingofbohemia's Avatar

Default Looking for an artist

Hey guys,

I'm in the process of building a wiki for my world, and I have been looking at different images I could use for my wiki logo. My problem was that I do not at any point (in the near future, at least) want to put a map of the whole world in the public view, so I wasn't keen to use the typical globe-type logo.

I have now settled on an image I would like to use, and I'm looking for an artist (or two) to give me a quote. Essentially I'm looking for a very small, square image (135x135 - no bigger than 400x400) with a high level of detail and a 'painterly' rather than 'digital' feeling to it. The image would be a head-and-shoulders of a man in armor (I have specifics about what the armor should look like/how he should be posed), and I would need to get two copies of the image: one the complete image with a background etc, and one only the man with a flat, white (transparent) background.

I am currently only looking for quotes on how much you think it would cost me. I hope to be able to employ an artist by the end of the year. If you need any more information to make an estimate, please don't hesitate to let me know.

Hey Blindking. A good option would be to have a look at Deviantart as well, or some other such site, where you'll find more people artists. I could certainly do it, but I'm no Raphael and my warrior would end up looking more like a drunken Picasso . That is not to say that there may not be folks here that could do it.

Anyhow, for quotes, I would say you're in the territory where it depends a lot on the renown & quality of the artist you hire and less on the pixel size of the image you will use in the end. Essentially, unless you get a pixel art image, any image you have will probably be in much higher resolution originally.