Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Place the states in the USA game

Default Place the states in the USA game

Over here: http://jimspages.com/States.htm

A shameful 82% with an average error of 78 miles for me!

I got a 98% with 2 mile error on my second pass. My first pass was something like 96% with 30 mile error because my first state was Colorado and I mistook it for Wyoming (yes, they are clearly labeled in the game). Correctly dropping a square block in the middle of an open field is tough, especially when you mistake it for another square block!

Blog Entries

80%, 83 "miles"

But then I'm not an American.

92% & 23 miles on my second go, something like 88% & 50 miles the first time.

All those square or nearly-square western states look alike, and those tiny eastern seaboard states are hard to tell apart. Without the Mississippi River on the map to start, a lot of those states in the vast middle are difficult to place if they come up early, actually.

98% and 7 mile error... and I did the same thing with Colorado and Wyoming, waldronate! I knew it was Colorado, I was thinking Colorado, and I put it in the wrong place. XP
    Kaitlin Gray - Art, Maps, Etc | Patreon | Instagram

90% 20 mile error If the random factor starts with some central and midwest states first and no landmarks around them, it is pretty hard to be accurate. That is why we always start puzzles on the edges. Especially tough for those of us with a science background, I haven't taken geography or US History for over 40 years. I'm happy with my score, but it could have been better or worse just depending on the order of presentation.

Oh well, 94% with 6 miles of error. I messed up West Virginia without any bordering states, and Missouri just too far south and west.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Publisher Facebook Connected bartmoss's Avatar
    Blog Entries

94% and 21 miles. But the test would be much, much more accurate if you had to place every state individually - as you fill the map in, things get easier and easier.

Guild Novice

90%, 28 miles. I knew where they go in relation to each other but plunking down, say, Colorado with nothing around it yet to guide you I was about the states width off. One of the gulf states though I just plain tried to put on the wrong side of the Mississippi delta...

82%, 190 miles.. well I'm not American so is to be expected. Give me England and I'll surely get 100%.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast