Thread: making an Underdark City with stalactites and stalagmites

Default making an Underdark City with stalactites and stalagmites

Helo,

I have the idea of making an underdark city for a Drow-theme campaing that I'm running, but the problem with City Designer is that all the buildings are human oriented, no stalagtites or something like that.
    I was looking for a library of underdark, but I can't find it. So I was thinking in made my own, rock/stalagtites, or something like that, but I don't know how to do that.

Any Idea?

Thanks

i'll be eagerly following this thread since i'm thinking of incorporating the underdark into my own campaign in the near future. While City Designer doesn't having that sort of thing, I know dungeon designer (and other products from Profantasy) do have stalagtites and other cave oriented objects. You should check out the Dunjinni Forums to find some stuff that could work.

I don't know how to actually create objects myself, but I wouldn't mind learning or helping out if anyone does have any ideas.
    *Most of my Maps can be seen in full resolution on my blog*

*I've made some of my maps into full adventures available for download at DriveThruRPG.com or Paizo.com

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License unless stated otherwise in the thread.

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Alien View Post
    Helo,

I have the idea of making an underdark city for a Drow-theme campaing that I'm running, but the problem with City Designer is that all the buildings are human oriented, no stalagtites or something like that.
    I was looking for a library of underdark, but I can't find it. So I was thinking in made my own, rock/stalagtites, or something like that, but I don't know how to do that.

Any Idea? Thanks
    If you have access to Photoshop (or GIMP) it's possible to draw your own objects and save them in .png format which I believe you can them import in to city designer.
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by jtougas View Post
    If you have access to Photoshop (or GIMP) it's possible to draw your own objects and save them in .png format which I believe you can them import in to city designer.
    Thank's I will try.

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

HERE are some stalagmites made by CG member Bogie.
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by jtougas View Post
    HERE are some stalagmites made by CG member Bogie.
    Thanks again, tonight i will try to made the first "buildings" of the city.