Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: [Award Winner] Mountains using Photoshop custom brushes

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected rpgmapmaker's Avatar

Tutorial [Award Winner] Mountains using Photoshop custom brushes

Hi all,

Here is my first ever video tutorial... and I did it on how to paint in a mountain range in about 30 sec using Photoshop custom brushes... the video is just over 5 min long and is now on youtube here.

YouTube

----------------------
    Brushes from the Video... they are not much but are yours for the taking.
    ----------------------
    mountains1..zip
    ----------------------

I hope you gain something out of the my quick ramblings and I welcome any comments, questions, or suggestions.

I will try and make some more videos soon if this one is at all helpful.

-Chris
    Last edited by rpgmapmaker; 04-18-2010 at 07:59 PM. Reason: added download link

Community Leader Facebook Connected Badger's Avatar

Nice... where were you a couple months back .. you could have saved me all that time it took to learn this on my own!!

Good vid, look forward to seeing some more

Quote Originally Posted by rpgmapmaker View Post
    Hi all,

Here is my first ever video tutorial... and I did it on how to paint in a mountain range in about 30 sec using Photoshop custom brushes... the video is just over 5 min long and is now on youtube here.

YouTube

Here are the brushes and tool presets I used in the tutorial in .zip format. I use Photoshop 7 so I hope that they work in other versions...

right click and save as
    brushes & tools

I hope you gain something out of the my quick ramblings and I welcome any comments, questions, or suggestions.

I will try and make some more videos soon if this one is at all helpful.

-Chris
    My only problem with this is that I can only rep you once for it. Astounding. This is exactly what I've been looking for. I don't have a tablet and I never could get my mountains right with the mouse--now you've given me hope!

Thank you.

-IG

Chris, can I configure these brushes for inclusion in the CSUAC? (this would make the material available to be used in commercial as well as personal maps)?

Quote Originally Posted by GM's Apprentice View Post
    Chris, can I configure these brushes for inclusion in the CSUAC? (this would make the material available to be used in commercial as well as personal maps)?
    Yes please feel free to use anything I make for this site

sorry for the slow replay... Work took me on a short trip to a small field...

-Chris
    @BHfuturist Check out my Video Tutorials & Vault of Free Map Elements
    Unless otherwise stated in the post, all of my artwork is released into the Public Domain.

This is a nice little tutorial. Any chance you could upload it as a podcast to iTunes or provide it in downloadable format so I can keep a copy?

Quote Originally Posted by StillCypher View Post
    This is a nice little tutorial. Any chance you could upload it as a podcast to iTunes or provide it in downloadable format so I can keep a copy?
    I will look into how to make it a podcast... but for now I can only host on YouTube.

YouTube

Right now my only enemy is time... I have had so little of it the last few weeks and as it is with life... it is not slowing down but I will try to make more brushes and tutorials as soon as I can

-Chris
    Last edited by rpgmapmaker; 04-18-2010 at 09:38 PM. Reason: removed bad link
    @BHfuturist Check out my Video Tutorials & Vault of Free Map Elements
    Unless otherwise stated in the post, all of my artwork is released into the Public Domain.

Excellent. Thank you very much!

Link

That link to the brushes doesnt work...

It says the DOMAIN IS EXPIRED.

That happened to me, recently, too. Durn registrars! It was a c/c expiry snafu.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast