Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Urem Irnar, Expanded.

Default Urem Irnar, Expanded.

Trying a new style, tell me any critiques.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rem Irnar exanded hase 2.jpg 
Views:	245 
Size:	3.50 MB 
ID:	48171

(Note: The image is half of the actual resolution. And the reason its so grainy is because of the compression.)
    Last edited by eViLe_eAgLe; 09-12-2012 at 08:05 PM.

This is pretty nice, I like this style keep up the good work. I'll be following along V

Good start e_e. Have you tried to give hills an extra texture? Are the white spots in the mountain texture compression artifacts?

No, it's from the texture its self. Its the only suitable one i've been able to find. I think i'm going to do a re-haul of the texture, especially the ground cover. They look particularlly unfiting. But, this indicates what my main color scheme would be aimed for.

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Y'know, i actually kind of like it with the white spots in it. Gives it character.

Those are *really* effective mountains. How'd you generate them?

The coastline and the mountains and the river are all at somewhat different apparent scales. The fineness of the indentations in the coast to me looks smaller scale than the mountains. And the visible width of the river, with what are probably pretty small islands, seems to be larger scale. Each by itself is awesome, and won't stop a map from looking pretty good, if you have such realistic terrain as that. But I bet the overall effect steps up a notch if the scales of the different elements match.

A small-ish update. I specifically need help on the ocean/rivers, they don't look right.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rem Irnar exanded hase 2 2.jpg 
Views:	156 
Size:	2.87 MB 
ID:	48389

(Note: Half of the size of actual image, and only at 11 quality. So, there will be compression errors.)

That's great, I especially like the texture and feel of the mountains.

You've got a bunch of lakes with no outflow, though. Most of those ones on the righthand half look like they should drain down the valley into that existing river - even the rightmost one up in the mountains looks to have an outflow down the mountain valley to the left of it.

There's also something a bit odd where your rivers hit the ocean - your rivers seem to continue out to sea for a bit?

For the lakes, i know, i'll have to add something. I don't want any main tributaries up there.
    As for the rivers, its an artifact from the rivers layer. After the main image is complete i'll smudge and blend it into the ocean.

Guild Member Facebook Connected BISHDP's Avatar

Your mountains are amazing. I would love to know how you made them so I can shameless steal them for my own maps. Way to go! Have some rep

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast