Thread: WIP Photoshop based on Pyrandons tutorial

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post WIP Photoshop based on Pyrandons tutorial

Hi. So I've never really been that great with photoshop , mostly because all I have is a silly touchpad. But I found Pyrandons Tutorial (which is pretty damn good, opened up alot of doors) albeit unfinished (it stops in the middle of the defining the buildings/roads part) SO here is what I have done so far:
    The thick red line is where the major walls will be, also I am yet to place the castle. (I have no idea how to represent this) But it will be inside the smaller circle. I think the water levels could have used more attention, but my wrist started hurting. All in all I think it is not a bad first shot at using PS to make a map. Thanks to Pyrandon for the awesome tutorial.
    -P
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sec-ps-city-version2.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	302.2 KB 
ID:	3603  

Praise

Looks like you're off to a great start! Can't wait to see the final product.

That is a nice start! My only criticism would be that the outlaying areas are a bit orthogonal, rather than following the roads or terrain. Building things following NSEW usually wouldn't happen in a city with walls.

-Rob A>

Oh wow. Thanks rob its so obvious now that you mention it. Truth be told I will probably scrap this thing completely. After a while it just turned into an endless clusterF&*$% of layers.
    -P

It DID look rather nice though, if a little too reddish brown to me though.
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

That looks, great, Perfect! Nice work!!!!!

I am a bit confused though, for you say the tutorial is unfinished... All parts are there & available, so you should be able to create an entire map using it. Let me know if you have trouble finding them or doing this, and thanks again for posting this--I'm so glad you did. Makes my day!
    Don
    My gallery is here
    __________________________________________________ _______
    "Keep your mind in hell, but despair not." --Saint Silouan [1866-1938]