Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [IP] RPGLife Maps and IP Infringement

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Default [IP] RPGLife Maps and IP Infringement

RPGLife seems to have a large uncredited gallery of maps that I recognise. Three of mine are up there, and I've posted a forum post to request that they be taken down. I'd recommend checking to see if your maps are up there too (I recognise a lot of WotC maps there).

Here's the gallery:
    http://www.rpglife.com/maps/

Here's my forum post to request that they be removed:
    http://www.rpglife.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=2028

I've now had a response from the staff on RPGLife. If you find a map and want it removed I'd recommend using the forums to communicate with them as their direct complaints system seems to be broken. Note that the login/register system only seems to be working on the forums pages, not the main page so go through there if you need to login.

Well, I don;t want to sign up at a forum just to send them a message. That is silly. Especially since upon cancellation,
    "you forfeit management rights to any content uploaded to the system, and acknowledg RPGLife.com has the right to migrate such content to another web site portal to insure continuity of service to the users"

-Rob A>

That's an issue if you put any content up, but not if you only post one message.

I'll see if I can get them to fix the independent report mechanism. I know that Mike has seen the maps too and referred it to the Wizards ADs, so I'd expect the issue to be resolved shortly for all maps.
    Last edited by torstan; 06-16-2010 at 03:44 PM.

I've had a response from them. The best bet is to email them directly at:
    webmaster (a t) rpglife.com

with details of map infringements. They'll take them down as soon as they're notified.

Your stuff still seems to be up there, Torstan!

Ugh, I'll go back in there and deal with it. Thanks for the catch.

Hmm, I'm not seeing them. Where did you see them?

Oh, sorry, I mistook some of Schley's work for yours (is it just me or do you guys have a really similar style?). False alarm.

There's a reason for that. I had an interest in chasing pro work and Mike's stuff is a style I really like. I've been pulling away a bit since then, but his stuff is certainly a strong influence. Thanks for the heads up though - I really appreciate people keeping an eye out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast