Thread: J.Tougas's Mapping Elements

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Post J.Tougas's Mapping Elements

With all the great stuff being posted in this forum I thought I'd throw my hat in. Although I am no expert on making mapping objects and I do use quite a few pre-made objects, I am trying to create more of my own. Here is one that I created for the latest installment of "The Adventures of Calan Stonebridge" encounter map series. I needed a "fighting pit" for the tavern that is the center of this encounter map. I figured it would make a good place to start making my own elements as it is basically a structure and I am comfortable making those. The biggest thing with this was the "feel" of it. I wanted it to feel dark and gloomy and scary. The torches and the shadowing are both very important. I added some details to the floor of the pit and created the stairs. I didn't add any blood or charecters or weapons so that if anyone wants to use this they can customize it the way they'd like. As always feedback is requested and appreciated.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Axe stump fighting pit.png 
Views:	547 
Size:	521.1 KB 
ID:	48796
    Last edited by jtougas; 10-04-2012 at 03:53 PM. Reason: updated image
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.