Thread: Practice Map - Arabesque city

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wip Practice Map - Arabesque city

Hi all, I thought I'd show off this work in progress I started a couple of weeks ago. I wanted to test the waters, see how people respond, get some useful feedback. The first image is the complete map, the second is the town so far.

The map began simply as a way of testing a method for doing multi-levelled roofs in photoshop, and grew from there. I rather like the result (so far), even though it does look very digital. The things that I specifically want to change about it are the roofs (a few different types, like wood, tiles, and awnings would look good; I tried domes and they looked awful), more stairs, and perhaps some ladders across different buildings, better trees, paraphernalia (eg market stalls), etc.

This map (now and when finished) is also free to use in any non-commercial way, so if you are interested in using it I can probably change it to suit your needs. My attempt to start giving something back to the guild for all the help I've received.

Lastly, to anyone kind enough to comment on this map, I will try to respond to you, but please be patient. My 'busyness meter' recently went off the scale, and I haven't had time to get it fixed.

The Hoarse Whisperer
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	City Map 1A unnamed.jpg 
Views:	530 
Size:	4.14 MB 
ID:	48800   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	City Map 1B unnamed.jpg 
Views:	865 
Size:	3.55 MB 
ID:	48801