Thread: Qrrao, Continental Map

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wip Qrrao, Continental Map

First, a quick hello to everyone and a gracious thank you for this site, the wonderful information found within and to those that provide it; in this case, especially Ascension.

This is the first digital map that I've ever created and I did it with the help of one of Ascension's tutorials. I skipped and tweaked a few things for personal preference but without it I'd have been quite lost. Thank you.

The lands are a place created by me though it lacks much of a real history or background. It is based around the Forgotten Realms setting and features Human, Elf & Dwarf populations as the main races. The map isn't fully complete though and I'm not sure what I may add to fill some of the lonely areas. The largest issue I have with the map is the rivers. For as zoomed out as the map is, the rivers don't move and wind enough and were created with a slightly too large of a pixel. I'll go back later and redo them if I don't move on to another map first. I'll also add some roads eventually, I think.

Most of the map is fairly easy to figure out without a key. However, it may help to note that red squares are Ruins and lavender triangles are Sites.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Qrrao - World Map A.jpg 
Views:	223 
Size:	3.04 MB 
ID:	48817