Thread: Regional Map of the Kingdonm of Du'Lar

Guild Member Facebook Connected BISHDP's Avatar

Map Regional Map of the Kingdonm of Du'Lar

Greetings everyone. This is my first completed map made in GIMP with the aid of several of the tutorials featured on this site. THe map is of the Kingdom of Du'Lar, the most prominent and powerful kingdom in my world as of the last 500 years. My friends and I have adventured through this area many times in the 12 years we have been playing our campaign. I originally made this map about 9 years ago on a piece of poster board, as you can see here. Hand drawn and colored, it was enough for my purposes at the time.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Old map.jpg 
Views:	255 
Size:	65.0 KB 
ID:	48899
    Now, with the skills that I am learning here, I have reforged my world. And thus I present to you for your viewing pleasure, the new map of Du'Lar.

Name:	Du'Lar.jpg 
Views:	276 
Size:	762.0 KB 
ID:	48900
    I made this map with the help of Arsheesh's tutorials on Realistic maps and trees and with much input for the community. Thank you all for you comments and critiques. I look forward to posting more of my world.

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Great Job !! I for one would LOVE to see more of the hand drawn map too It looks beautiful
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Guild Member Facebook Connected BISHDP's Avatar

Really? Ok. Here you go. These are my old maps that I made back in 2002-3. They have seen a lot of use.

Name:	234_16621451643_1560_n.jpg 
Views:	165 
Size:	93.6 KB 
ID:	48901 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	234_16618911643_143_n.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	74.0 KB 
ID:	48902
    Sorry for the low res pics. They are quite old.

I agree with JT, you did a great job on the digital map, but you should also continue working with the hand-drawn style as these are quite nice. Congrats on finishing your first map here though, and have some rep!

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Those hand drawn maps are incredible !! I know what it takes to hand draw a map that big (My original City of Riverhewn map is 5 feet by 5 feet made up of 8x11 sheets of paper) While the digital maps take up less room and are always easily accessible you should consider doing hand drawn versions of your regional maps too.
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.