With the 79th Map of the Week we continue in the borderlands town of Óðinn's House in the Kingdom of Slovania. This week we take a look at the administrative building of Óðinn's Fortress, above the Outer Town south of the main settlement. Many locations in the Jörðgarð (TM) campaign setting will have certain areas set aside where no official definitions will be published in order to give game masters the opportunity to develop their own material. The two upper stories of the fortress are such locations.
Key to the Floor Plan of the Administrative Building
This is a three-story structure with a cellar. The second and third stories are quarters for visiting guests of the Northern Circle. Such guests usually are members of the circle from elsewhere or envoys from Karelenland. There are no official floor plans for these two upper stories. They are reserved for future custom development by game masters.
A part of the cellar serves as the treasury of the branch of the Northern Circle in Óðinn's Fortress. It holds valuable and magical items with a worth of about 2 million gold pieces. Much of this wealth is in old coinage of the fallen Æsir Empire. The treasury is protected by guards of the Northern Circle on the ground floor and a stone golem and magical traps on the cellar level. Authorized persons bear magical marks that do not set off the traps are activate the golem.
Cellar Level (Ceiling height 20 feet/6m):
1. Storage Room. For the most part, kitchen supplies are kept here.
2. Well and Chimney Shafts.
3. Treasury. A pile of varied magical items is behind the stairway. Strongboxes containing old coins of the fallen Æsir Empire and gold bars are in the southern part of the room.
4. Stone Golem. This magical animation immediately will attack anyone who overcomes the magical traps and comes within 5 feet/150 cm (one square) of the magical treasure. The golem is 18 feet/360 cm high.
Ground Floor (Ceiling height 20 feet/6m):
5. Entrance. The door always is unlocked.
6. Waiting Area. Guests who have no magical pass mark wait here until the reception escorts them to their destinations or places a magical mark upon them. The doors are locked, and warrior guards protect them.
7. Reception Room. Guests are screened here.
8. Spiral Staircase. Leads to the guest rooms on the second and third stories (not mapped).
9. Interview Room. Those who come uninvited to the fortress are taken here to make their purposes known.
10. Kitchen. The room also has a table where commoners who work in the fortress complex can eat.
11. Stairway to the Cellar Storage Area.
12. Dining Room. Members of the Northern Circle dine here.
13. Stairwell. Two Æsir guards always are on duty here. The stairway leads to the treasury in the cellar. The circular shafts are from the jakes on the upper stories.
You can get these maps in two versions:
1. The Fractal Mapper (TM) 8 map in FMP format, fully editable, from our Jörðgarð web page (9.1 MB).
2. As 2 JPG flat maps of 2500 Pixels x 1600 Pixels (3.4 MB), available above.
Both versions are released for personal and commercial use under the Open Game License Version 1.0a, which you can read on the Jörðgarð website at:
Next week: Ódhinn's Fortress - Main Palace with Dungeon