Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The world of Midgard

Guild Journeyer Guild Sponsor

Wow, these look great!

I love the colors you used for everything! The borders are very distinct and really caught my attention, but they match the maps well.

the technique you used for the forests and mountains are awesome.

Great Job

Guild Expert Facebook Connected vorropohaiah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by torstan View Post
    I'll let people figure out how all of these interlink Suffice to say keeping track of all the different edges and labels was a very large part of the challenge for this commission.
    so this isn't one large map cropped into the various regions?! if so, did you at least have a world coastline to work with, starting each from scratch? sounds like a hell of a job, but great work

Are these maps for the game that is on the iOS and android and pc or just for the table top.?

Keep up the good work!

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Eilathen - I'm afraid these will be limited to this resolution. The 300dpi versions are available with the pdf.

jigsawman - these were created using Photoshop and a Wacom tablet.

Schwarzkreuz - thanks! I'm glad you like the Lands of Ice and Fire!

Vorropohaiah - I did actually end up creating one massive base map with borders, colours and all the terrain and then labelled each map individually. It was a bit of a beast to do, but the final result was totally worth it. It was at least as much a matter of information management as of illustration.

RubyBlue - the game is for the tabletop, for Age, 4E D&D or Pathfinder. There's also an app for the iPad that allows you to scroll and pan through the whole world.

Sorry for the late replies all! I missed the activity on this thread. Thanks for all the likes and the kind words.

Awesome job on labels

Guild Member Facebook Connected Big Mac's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by torstan View Post
    I've been mapping the world of Midgard in regions and in a full world map for some time. The Midgard Campaign guide was an opportunity to get the full world pinned down once and for all. Now that the book is out in the wild I can show off the maps! They are spread over two posts because there are just too many of them. These are the versions saved out at 72dpi (on the publisher's request). The versions in the pdf and the print books are 300dpi of course!
    I found this thread after Havard posted a link to it in a thread called [Midgard] Midgard Maps at the Other Worlds forum at The Piazza.

These maps are great! Nice work.

How much percentage of Midgard's surface do you think you have mapped in total? And are you still creating other maps that expand the world?
    David "Big Mac" Shepheard
    New to cartography and seeking advice - eventual goal to make a large number of maps for the many worlds of the Spelljammer Campaign Setting

These maps are extremely well done. I have seen these in the setting material and they are beautiful.

Guild Applicant

I love the maps and I love the setting. Keep the good work!

Thanks for resurrecting this thread missed these the first time around ! These are beautifully done . Great work from torstan. Haven't seen him around much lately. Of course I might have missed that too.
    "Aye The skies be clear , the seas be calm and the winds be with us .....

ARGH!! but the damn compass be broken!! "

Capt. Noah Swalter Last voyage of the " Silver Crest"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast