Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: October Challenge - The Horror in Clay

Just post what I've done today. Put the text in & started the lighting & shading, lots to do yet, don't worry about the second room its not going to be that dark. Trying to make the mundane, a car & 2 rooms seem sinister.

### Latest WIP ###

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CoC_Full scene Test04_cis.jpg 
Views:	371 
Size:	521.0 KB 
ID:	49095

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Korash's Avatar

Well, I think you did a good job of that. I an not too sure that the car shadow isn't a bit too long though. The implied angle doesn't match that of the window imho. One other point; are you planning on doing something about the connecting wall between the two rooms? or is it intentional for the background picture to show through?

Looking good
    Art Critic = Someone with the Eye of an Artist, Words of a Bard, and the Talent of a Rock.

Please take my critiques as someone who Wishes he had the Talent

Quote Originally Posted by Korash View Post
    Well, I think you did a good job of that. I an not too sure that the car shadow isn't a bit too long though. The implied angle doesn't match that of the window imho. One other point; are you planning on doing something about the connecting wall between the two rooms? or is it intentional for the background picture to show through?

Looking good
    Hi Korash, The window shadows are from the same source of light as that of the car (top left corner of picture), I draw lines on a layer in Gimp to make sure they line up rather than do it be eye. The shadows are intentionally long. I am re-doing the shadows & lighting, that was more of a quick test so some of it may look squiff. The maps are intentionally disjointed. Tried them together, but they looked better this way.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Korash's Avatar

Sorry, I guess I should have made it clearer as to what I meant about the shadow of the car. I agree about the angle (as in the light coming from the top left), but the height of the light source in the window is high in the sky, where as the light source for the car seems to a lot closer to street level. I also get where you are coming from with the long shadows, but I wanted to make you aware in case you weren't. It is often the subtle irregularities in a scene that create the best psycho thriller stuff in my mind..."something just doesn't feel right about this, but I don't know why.." sort of thing. So well done so far.
    Art Critic = Someone with the Eye of an Artist, Words of a Bard, and the Talent of a Rock.

Please take my critiques as someone who Wishes he had the Talent

This looks really promising Cisticola. I look forward to watching it progress.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

OK, I could keep fiddling with this forever, so this is my final entry....

### Latest WIP ###

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TheHorrorInClay_cis.jpg 
Views:	251 
Size:	3.67 MB 
ID:	49363

Excellent Cisti! Great lighting. Great Moodiness! Have some Rep!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12