Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Wolves Fall Castle

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bogie View Post
    Looking good JT. The bookcase is nice!

Good idea for the gradient shadow Midgardsormr. On the stairs I made I darkened each step one at a time. This looks much more efficient.
    Thanks. When I made the staircase I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to make it look like it went somewhere. I tried every kind and combination of shadows but this arrangement never occurred to me. Just goes to show no matter how many maps you make or how long you've been doing it, you can ALWAYS learn something.
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

A while ago jfrazierjr, jacktannery & I worked on making circular stairs. It is not easy.

These are the 2 threads with the info. There are some decent stairs there.

http://www.cartographersguild.com/fi...s-tower-2.html

http://www.cartographersguild.com/bu...47-stairs.html

Blog Entries

Wip

A Watch Wizard must be as diligent as a sentry and as filled with fighting spirit as a cavalryman riding into battle. He must be filled with determination and a singular focus. Fear must not be allowed to enter his mind and cloud his judgement. Where as other soldiers have hard steel as weapons, The Watch Wizards greatest weapon is his mind....

Excerpt from Watch Wizard Training written by Lord General Vitor Lellon.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogie View Post
    A while ago jfrazierjr, jacktannery & I worked on making circular stairs. It is not easy.

These are the 2 threads with the info. There are some decent stairs there.

http://www.cartographersguild.com/fi...s-tower-2.html

http://www.cartographersguild.com/bu...47-stairs.html
    Thanks for that Bogie that was a great thread with a lot of information (and some great stairs) I have to say for my first time and having no idea what I was doing I think my stairs turned out pretty good.

I think this might be "completed" There isn't a lot of room so there isn't any point in filling it up. I think there is just enough "stuff" to give it some life. As always feedback is requested and appreciated.

Object Credits
    Firewood: Mark Oliva RPG Mapshare

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Watch Wizard Apartment No Rafters Final.jpg 
Views:	293 
Size:	1.47 MB 
ID:	49749
    Last edited by jtougas; 11-09-2012 at 12:17 AM.
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Blog Entries

Wip

Sometimes I wonder if I do this with my eyes closed. I realized how awful the scale of this was. I originally started with a scale of 1 square=5 feet. I don't quite know how I ended up with a 2 ft scale lets just say it's mighty cramped in there. I've fixed it and made the grid white so that you can actually see it. I also did a version with rafters just to see how it would look. As always feedback is requested and appreciated.

Name:	Watch Wizard Apartment No Rafters Final.jpg 
Views:	288 
Size:	1.46 MB 
ID:	49753

Version w/Rafters

Name:	Watch Wizards Apartmentsrafters.jpg 
Views:	281 
Size:	1.34 MB 
ID:	49754

Finished Maps

I think I'd rotate that bed so that both corners touch the wall. Just a little more room to walk around it. Although I guess if the wizard throws his shoes down there, they'd be easier to get to.

I like it better without the rafters.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Nice. The rafters are cool looking, but unless you plan on having a thief climb around up there they block to much of the map.

Suggestion: Ghost in the rafters at something like 50% transparency (play with the actual transparency).

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678